Elaboration

It has been years since I even looked at this old fan fiction, but regardless I have been receiving heartfelt messages asking me to update. Unfortunately, I simply lost interest and will not continue this piece. However, it wouldn't be fair to not reveal what I had planned ;)
So here is a list of the plot points I planned on exploring:

1) Zeref is kidnapped by a dark guild. The master has a machine which can extract knowledge and intellect which he planned to put Zeref into for the sake of....
REVIVING ACNOLOGIA!!!
(In the first book, it is briefly mentioned how Zeref already defeated him - not considering canon of course XD)
Zeref refuses but the Master decides to simply beat him to the point he cannot mentally fight it. So he gets dragged into a dungeon and the guild members begin torturing him in any way imaginable...just don't kill him. Certainly doesn't help with PTSD in the least sense. Team Natsu is already notified by Wendy of Zeref's kidnapping so using his scent they track him deep into the mountains.
Meanwhile, it has been several days and Zeref is limp and hopeless. He has lost any sense of dignity or anything that he had left. Then the guards come in, dragging Zeref away to be used in the experiment. Team Natsu has only just entered the area. As Zeref is being carried, he remembers Mavis's and Natsu's words and takes the last of his strength to fight back. He makes his way to the experiment room and finds the master waiting for him. It wasn't much of a fight; Zeref gets tossed around like a rag doll while being verbally assaulted. The master places his heavy body into the machine and just as he is about to close it, Zeref grabs him and pulls him in while utilizing his small frame to slip out and close it on him. The machine works by extracting your knowledge and intellect to place it into another user. You probably can infer what exactly Zeref did. At that very moment, Team Natsu burst in and destroy the machine and the rest of the compound. (This is going to your paycheck Natsu Dragneel).  Zeref cries in Natsu's arms.
But then out of the rubble, climbs out
ACNOLOGIA!
Apparently he was alive and just frozen in a crystal but the destruction of the compound shattered his precious cage. He turns into a dragon and escapes.

SECOND ARC:
It begins with a meeting in the council on the destruction caused by Fairy Tail in the mountains as well as rumors of the Black Wizard being held by the same guild. Suddenly a voice remarks how the Council of Wizard Saints shouldn't worry about the mess and costs, she already began the investigation into it.
Wizard Saint Jura asks for an elaboration.
Second Wizard Saint Sarre tells him that everything is already on its way.
(DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNN)

Zeref is currently being healed (and held "prisoner" for his injuries). He remarks how he wants to learn new magic to restart his magic career anew. He no longer holds Ankhserum's magic, so he obviously needs his own. Thus he decides to learn sleeping magic from Mirajane and showed extreme interest in takeover. One day, Polyursica gives Zeref a pass to take on a job and he tags along with Team Natsu. Their job is to defeat a strange creature that has been threatening a village in the south. They arrive and soon come across hand in hand with a...
SPRIGGAN (HAHAHAHAHAHA)
They had to face it multiple times before Zeref grabbed its leg and somehow, was able to takeover it. (It would have been a long difficult fight)
They go home with half the prize money (because someone(s) destroyed half the buildings...AGAIN)
There is a huge commotion at the guild and Team Natsu rush in, while Zeref heads off to avoid it, to find Sarre peacefully drinking coffee.
Little "reunion" is cut short where Sarre tells them that HIS (Zeref's) fate belongs to her, as she can at any point of time decide whether to have him arrested.

That's all I had planned but there is one more plot point I was considering: the connection between Zeref and Sarre ;)

I have not stabilized their backstory together but what I can tell you is: Sarre has been in love with Zeref.
Now before shouting How and why
The thing is, Sarre has done everything, as in make herself THE VILLAIN, so that Zeref can reunite with his younger brother. She let Wendy save Natsu, she threw that sword on purpose. She entered the council to protect him.
Now that I look at it now, some information such as the huge RISKS Sarre took for this to occur seems to outweigh the probability of it going her way. But, she really had no other way to possibly help him, so she had nothing to lose. And she easily could have cancelled the plan any time.

This was all that I planned back in 2015. Thank you for following the story ^^
~ AZ