Prologue

P R O L O G U E

"Are you sure about this?" Parker Ashworth asked his friend, his face forming into a worried one.

"Of course I am." Christopher Mallory stated with confidence.

Having a meeting in a five star restaurant, a lot of people were curious to what they were saying. Why? Everyone knows them. They were one of the two most powerful men in the corporate world.

"Why should they get married? I don't think your son would appreciate this." Parker questioned, making Christopher sigh irritably.

"Parker, all I wanted was for my son to settle down. He is really damaging the family name when he chases women! I don't think I can stand another scandal."

It is true.

Christopher Mallory's son was the favourite subject of the media. The attention always goes to him no matter what. His son had a lot of mistresses than he had when he was younger. It is certainly obvious that Carson's actions affect the state of the company. He might run the company to ashes if he does not man up!

"Why should it be my niece then? Can't you find another woman who is fit for Carson?" Mr. Parker blurted, "I honestly don't want to see her get hurt because of your son's womanizing ways."

Who wanted to get hurt by love, right? Especially, when a brute is involve in the story.

Christopher thought of that. No one had met his standards the way Parker's niece had. He knew that Austen was the perfect woman for his son. She was strong like her father. And even that, she was truly smart and successful to handle an almost bankrupt company.

Austen even made it to the top, which Christopher greatly admired.

Very driven. He thought.

It's something every woman should be for their future. Everybody now knows Austen Ashworth in the corporate world and every man wanted to marry her.

"Your niece is the best choice for my son. I think they are perfect for each other. I feel it in my bones!" He exclaimed. "Besides, don't you want to make the company more powerful? Come on, think about it! This would benefit Austen as well." Parker sighed knowing it was true. Christopher knew that face all too well. He was finally agreeing with him.

"Do you agree now?" Christopher asked for confirmation. Mr. Ashworth just nodded his head. Parker knew that Austen was a tough cookie. He raised her with the best of his abilities after his brother's death. He treated her more like a daughter than a niece. She can handle the Mallory family well, I'm sure.

She'll be fine. Parker thought.

He just needed to find a way, to explain this arrangement to her. She might scorn him forever if she does not understand the state.

Christopher raised his glass in order to toast. "To the Union of Austen and Carson." He continued,

"May they be successful in life, and in love. Cheers!"