Chapter eight

Chapter 8
Austen Ashworth

         I haven't heard anything about Carson, in like three days. I was confused if he was still trying to win my favour or not.

Had he given up on me?

Maybe he's with another woman. After all, he is a player.

My stomach churned at the thought. Trying to distract myself, I tried not to think about it that much. We weren't lovers and we will never be!

Though, we have a wedding to grace our presence within two days.

My uncle told me that they, including Carson's father, had already planned the wedding. The only thing that they needed was for Carson and I to just get on with the wedding ceremony. Well, marriage through papers that is.

~*~

Earlier this morning...

"Austen?" Uncle Parker called out as he came into my view; "I have big news to tell you." He looked very enthusiastic. What had gotten him so hyped today?

"Yes?" I was still confused.

"Christopher and I will plan your wedding with Carson. We decided that we will cover all your expenses. Just know that it will be in two days."

What the hell? Two days!

Way to be quick uncle.

I can't even finish my work in two days!

"What!" I exclaimed.

It can't be that early. I wasn't even ready to tie the knot with that brute!

"Yes. It's up to you both, if you want to get married in a church or just get married through papers."

I've got to ask Carson about this. He is in for a shock.

~*~

That time, I immediately called Rose and asked her to help me buy a nice, simple wedding dress. She agreed to be my 'matron of honour' since she's already married. Plus, I trust her.

Going to my office, I was greeted by my employees. It feels good to be back. I start off by working with some documents because I had a few proposals to refer to different organizations.

My secretary suddenly, went inside my workplace. "Yes Cherry? What can I do for you?" I said not taking my eyes off of the laptop.

"Miss Austen, you must to see this." She quickly said and gave me a magazine. What am I going to do with this? I grabbed it from her hands and examined it clearly.

Then, I saw what the magazine states.

To say, I was angry, would be an understatement. What I saw made me want to commit murder. Why is he always like this?

Carson was having dinner with another woman.

Reading the details further, there was a rumour that they are together now. We all know it's not true because, it was me he is with! Yet, they look like a couple dating. The headlines said, 'CEO of Mallory Co. with his new lady?' Oh, just that alone got me so damn livid.

Didn't I tell him to at least be discreet? My hands shook and gripped the magazine tightly that my knuckles turned white.

This was unacceptable! Especially, to our uncles!

Am I really turning to a jealous wife now?

Well, yes I was, I guess.

I curse myself for sounding so covetous. I stood up and exited my headquarters. Sauntering over to my car, I brought the magazine with me. I really needed to see Carson. I drove over to his place of work to confront him.