Skincare

We are starting with skincare because having a good base is very important. Your skin is unique to you and there are so many diverse skin types and skin issues so it is important that you know your skin. 

Some people are blessed with amazing skin with little to no issues. They can basically put whatever they want on their skin and have no problems, but if you are one of those people you still need to take care of your skin to prevent wrinkles and damage in the future. 

Skin Types: Oily skin is when your skin produces excess oil and you get shiny and that oil may even break you out. It is important to control it, but making sure not to dry out your face. Dry skin can be flaky and uncomfortable. Acne can be produced on any skin type. There are many underlying causes of acne. Your acne could be from makeup, hormones, over-stripping your skin, using harmful ingredients, diet, dehydration, sweat, etc. There are so many causes of acne so if you just cannot seem to get rid of it and these tips don't help or only help a little I recommend going to see a dermatologist. They can determine the problem and prescribe medication or topicals like cream or gels to get rid of the problem. 

Disclaimer: Try to stay away from the marketed acne products you see at the drugstore. They are loaded with fragrance and chemicals that dry out and irritate your skin resulting in more acne and skin problems. 

1. Removing Makeup

Do not wash your face to remove your makeup. It is just removing the top layer of the makeup and not cleaning your skin. You will end up with clogged pores and acne. 

Stay away from makeup wipes. They are rough and harmful to the skin, they are packed with unnecessary chemicals and fragrance.

Use a micellar water to remove the makeup. Get one that is fragrance free. The Simple brand is good and so is the fragrance free Garnier. It is a big bottle and you just squirt a little bit onto a cotton pad and remove your makeup. It will last a lot longer than other makeup removers because of how big the bottle is and how little you use. Saving you skin and saving money!

-Simple Unscented Micellar Cleansing Water $4.99

-Garnier Skin Active Micellar Water $6.79

2. Cleansers

Your cleanser will have to do with your skin type and problems within your skin. Try to pick one with little to no fragrance. Here are some of my favorites!

Acne Prone Skin:

- CeraVe Renewing SA Cleanser $9.89 (Contains salicylic acid, which pushes dirt out of your pores and zaps zits away)

-Biore Pore Unclogging Scrub $7.99 (Contains salicylic acid, very gentle)

Oily Skin:

-CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser $9.89 (Foams up to get rid of oil without stripping skin)

Dry Skin:

-CeraVe Hydrating Facial Cleanser $9.89 (Creamy lotiony consistency, very hydrating)

3. Face Masks

-The Ordinary Salicylic Acid 2% Masque $12 (Black mud mask that gets rid of acne)

-The Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution $7.20 (Serum exfoliant to remove dead skin cells and build up. Use once a week for ten minutes max. This is strong for some people so feel free to do it every other week or cut the time down to five minutes.)

-Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay Mask $7.99 (This comes in a powder that you can mix with water or apple cider vinegar. If you are oily use apple cider vinegar, if you are dry use water. This is a mud mask that cleans out your skin and gets rid of acne and any impurities)