~Chapter 9~

Airclan, ShadowPAW! Not kit!

I followed my mentor quietly. Inside I was squealing like a kit.

'OMG, THE  DEPUTY IS MY MENTOR!'

We were going to tour the territory! We silently padded through the forest, only nature sounds greeting us.

Sunwhisker stopped at a place where it did not smell like our clan. It smelled a bit... Willow-y.

Sunwhisker gestured at it. "That, is the Hurricaneclan border."

I nodded and locked the scent away.

Just as we were about to leave, a small group of cats came over. Hurricaneclan.

"Hello there." Sunwhisker dipped her head in greeting.

How could she be so friendly?! These were enemy cats!

"G'day Sunwhisker." A reddish shecat dipped her head back.

"New apprentice too Runningblaze?" Sunwhisker asked, gesturing to the other bouncing shecat next to Runningblaze.

Runningblaze chuckled. "Yep. She's an energetic one if I've ever seen one. Stormpaw?"

Stormpaw looked up. "Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees?"

Runningblaze pointedly looked at us.

"Oh! Hi! Hi! Hi! I'm Stormpaw!"

Sunwhisker meowed in amusement.   "You... were not lying Runningblaze."

"This, is Shadowpaw." Sunwhisker moved out of the way.

I could see the cats better. Stormpaw seemed really familiar... I just couldn't put my paw on It.

"Hey. I'm Shadowpaw." I shuffled my paws.  As you can see, I am TOTALLY NOT! Shy. (Cough cough)

Sunwhisker sensed this and ended the conversation. "Anyway, we need to continue with showing our apprentices the territory don't we? See you at the next gathering! Bye!"

As we walked away, I could hear Stormpaw saying,"Wait... there's a gathering coming up?"

Sunwhisker showed me the rest of the territory which included a nice pond, a grassy clearing where mentors take their apprentices to battle train, and things like that.

By the time we were done, I was dead tired. My eyelids drooped and I was dragging my paws.

Sunwhisker noticed that and told me to get to sleep right away. I didn't argue.

I curled up in a nest that was empty and started to drift off into sleep.

Wait... STORMPAW WAS ONE OF THE KITS I SAW IN MY DREAMS MANY MOONS AGO!

But I couldn't do anything about it now. I was asleep.

        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee *breath* eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey peeps!

So last chapter was a cliffhanger and you still don't know who was killed. :P

I'm sorry bout that. :3

Maybe, just maybe, next chapter you'll find out. Maybe. But only if you guys want to!

Figure out what that means.

Peace,

-PotatoFace