/quinque

/Ross

Seeing Barry sad killed him inside. He had woken up to a soft snore coming from the man he was snuggled up close with. Looking out his windows, he saw a small sunrise shine behind buildings. The television was stuck at the menu screen of the second Jurassic Park movie. Sitting upright, he crossed his legs Indian-style and poked Barry in his stomach. A small chuckle came from the opposing man, and he soon woke up as well. Ross smiled as Barry groggily cuddled himself in the blanket, rubbing his eyes and fixing his hair. "Good morning, Ross.." He yawned, making Ross just want to hug him and melt into his arms. Both were too shy to admit mutual feelings, as Ross assumed. "Morning.." He looked back to the TV and turned it off, turning his body to Barry and starting to crawl up to him. "Can I just have..one more cuddle..? I mean, to make sure I feel better.." Barry opened his arms and pulled Ross in, kissing his forehead and petting his hair. "Isn't this what Barry's are for? Snuggly bears..." He ignored what Barry said and buried himself into said man's chest, listening to his heartbeat in the silence of his home.

"My question last night..or yesterday..was.." He took a deep breath and looked up at Barry who was smiling and had his eyes closed. "Hm?" "Well, I mean...um..i-if.." His voice croaked, and he buried himself deeper into Barry as if he could. "If you maybe..liked me?" His voice pitched higher than it should have at the end. He felt embarrassed and kept staring at Barry who had his eyes open and down at him. "I don't know, riddle me this.." He blinked, and he swore he saw something try and hurt him. It was soft, though, against his chapped lips. Opening his eyes, he saw Barry pull away from his face. "Maybe?" Barry laughed, hiding his face under the blanket. Ross snorted as he laughed, pulling Barry's hands away and kissing him again. Barry was like an angel; gentle and sweet against his rough, aggressive kiss. Pulling away again, they both scrambled to stand apart from each other and faces flushed red. "I mean-that never happened right?" Barry nodded to Ross, and he grabbed his stuff. "I-I-nice hanging with you." He left without another word and closed the door, leaving Ross to fall back into the silence of his own home.

Confused, frustrated, and sad, he sat back down on the couch and ran his hands along his face, trailing up to his hair. He immediately felt the warmth of Barry's arms around him again as a ghost, and he needed it. He wanted the love again. Barry was the missing piece of his life. He got up and began to strip himself, throwing on one of Barry's shirts-don't ask him how he got it-and jeans. Shoving his shoes on, he grabbed his keys and out he went. The sun beamed against his skin, and he almost hissed at it like a vampire. He felt like the sun was turning him into a zombie; it had been that long since he'd been outside. He felt his stomach grumble for more food, since the only thing he had to eat for the past week was pizza. He marched down the sidewalk, pushing past people who were eager to go to work. Ross was eager to see Barry again and tell him everything he felt. How he just wanted to be with him forever and ever and how if anybody hurt him, Ross would beat them up. Growling to himself, he picked up pace.

Reaching the door, he inhaled and knocked against the door. He looked around, people staring him down and shaking their heads at him. He kept ignoring them and knocked again, hoping to get a response. He twirled his keys around his index finger using the keychain ring and hoped that the door would open. Nothing came from inside. He knocked harder. Still nothing. He opened the door and heard the water running from upstairs. "You're taking a shower when I need you.." he mumbled to himself. Stepping outside, he closed the door again and rang the doorbell, leaning against the door and waiting for Barry to hurry the fuck up. Tapping his foot, he began to start heading home and gave up. As soon as he turned, however, he heard the water stop to a cold silence. Ross was now eagerly waiting outside the door, love and confusion swirling above his head. The door opened, and a Barry with hair that began to fluff up again after being drenched in water. He stood on the top step leading to his door, and pulled Barry in.

He kissed him, yet again, but this time he tried not to come onto him like a train. Barry pulled away first and titled his head a little. "Well, hi, what was that for?" Ross shook his head and sighed, taking a deep breath before spitting out all the words he wanted to say. "I don't want to be friends anymore. I don't want to ruin our bond but I sort of do. I want to be your..b..boyfriend." He smiled, rocking on his heels and waiting for a response from his considered Prince Charming. After a moment of silence, Barry opened his mouth to speak, but Ross forced him into another kiss and pressed his forehead against the others. "Tell me how you feel about me..do you like or like like me?" Barry smiled and hugged Ross's waist, pulling him inside. "I waited a whole year for you to ask me, yes, I'll go out with you." He felt his heart explode into butterflies. Barry said yes, as if he had proposed to him. Closing the door behind him, he clinged himself to Barry and nuzzled into his chest.

His whole world was starting to see light.