9

I didn't feel like going to my 3pm class, sitting through a boring 1 hour lecture was not something I wanted to do right now, all I wanted to do was talk to Ashton. He's ignoring my phone calls so I decide to just wait, that is until I have to go to work.

I aimlessly walk around the apartment, pacing even looking around as I wait. When the clock hits 5 I groan out of frustration, I had to get ready for work. I quickly throw on my work uniform, which is just a black long sleeve shirt and black pants, along with black pair of shoes. I grab the green apron and matching hat and head out the door knowing that I wouldn't be able to see Ashton until my shift was over at 12. These next 6 hours felt like an entire lifetime.

I stare blankly at the clock, it was almost 8 now I have only been here for 2 hours and I was going insane, I hate when people are mad at me and I can do nothing about it.

"Can I have a mocha frappé, extra whip cream, and 2% milk please." Then I look up and my eyes meet with the blonde. Michael, "oh." I roll my eyes.

"Size?" I mumble putting in his order.

"Large please." He says digging for his wallet.

"Okay that'll be $6.25." I say and he hands me the money.

"Okay your drink will be ready in a minute." I say like I always do before turning around to make his drink.

"So Ashton and you are dating now?" I roll my eyes the last think I want to do right now is talk to Michael about Ashton.

"Yeah." I say poring the rest of the syrup into his drink.

"Oh well that's great."

"Yeah."

"Calum and I broke up."

"Oh."

"Yeah."

Then he's gone along with his drink. I just wanted my shift to end.

•••••••

"Luke, you can go ill close up." My co-worker Jayden says.

I smile, "Are you sure?"

"Yeah I can tell you've been distracted. Go home Luke."

"Thank you." I mumble heading to the locker room to clock out.

No buses run this late, usually Ashton picks me up. I walk down the dim road leading home, when I notice two people drunkenly walking towards me. Then I realize one of them is Ashton.

"Ashton!" I say kind of loudly.

"Oh hey Lukey, what are youuu doing here?" He giggles.

"I should be asking you the same thing, who is this?" I ask looking over at the other drunk boy.

"Ummm, I can't remember his name." He laughs again.

"You're coming home with me." I say taking him away from the boy.

"What no you're not." The boy harshly says before his fist meets my cheek.