27

"Michael?" I ask through the phone.

"Yeah." His voice is tired.

I bit my lip, should I tell him? I don't want to bother him. I'm starting to feel like I'm too attach to him. What if I chase him away? I don't want to lose him.

"Luke?" Michael's voice is weak.

"Yeah?" I ask my voice is rough, I hadn't noticed I was crying.

"Are you okay? Is everything okay?" He asks but he sounds like he doesn't really care.

"Everything's fine. I gotta go." I say quickly.

"Luke wh-" I cut him off my hanging up. I sit down on my bed and wipe my eyes, was he already sick of me?

Of course he's already sick of you, you're annoying.

"No." I say to myself as I sit up.

He doesn't like you, he's sick of you.

"Stop."

C'mon Luke admit it, he's sick of you. He hates you.

"That's not true, stop."

He hates you.

"Stop! Stop! Stop!" I scream. Suddenly the door burst open and my mom is standing there looking at me.

"Luke what's wrong?" Her voice is hurried out of panic.

"Nothing."

"Why were you screaming?" My mom asks helping me up and setting me on my bed.

"I was just playing a video game." I say. And we both look at my play station which is off. She looks at me concerned but nods before leaving the room.

I huff and leave my room to the bathroom, I wipe my face. I look at myself in the mirror. The last couple days have been shit.

I sit on my bed and grab my phone, which says on going call with Mikey🐱. My breath hitches in my throat.

I put my phone to my ear, "Michael?"

"Luke what's going on? Are you okay? You never hung up and then you started screaming." He says in a hurry.

"Nothing, I'm fine." I lie.

"No you're not. What's wrong?"

"I'm just tired. I'll be fine, I'm gonna go." I mumble rubbing my face in frustration.

"Okay... I'll call you later, okay?"

"Okay." I hung up.