eleven weeks - feb. 12

The dilemma arises on a particularly special Tuesday, which is probably the most important Tuesday of Louis' life, but he decides to keep it to himself for the time being.

It's not a decision that's going to affect them immediately, after all, because it's still months away, but every day that passes makes him feel increasingly guilty for keeping it a secret.

He's going to uni come next fall, officially now, which should be great news. It really should be. He's barely been scooting by with reasonable grades and by some stroke of magic, he's suddenly able to afford it as well. The entire planet seems to be working to make Louis' life The Very Best Ever, what with his mum's engagement and his future brightening (and the surely amazing person that Harry is currently holding hostage inside of him) - the only downside is that he has to move. To Liverpool.

He supposes he could take courses online, but he's afraid of allowing himself to fall behind. And there's no room for taking any sort of chance, according to his mother; she seems to be stuck on the fact that it's something Louis' dreamed of for years and, despite his protests, insists that he should take Harry with.

The problem with this, of course, is the fact that Harry might not want to leave. Or can't. He is a year younger, after all; Louis can't expect him to uproot his entire life more than he already has and move away, much less start a new school for only one year. The price is something he hasn't even entertained the thought of, because he's barely going to be able to live on his own. A summer job and something part time come fall is his best hope. He has very little savings, after all, and he still has to find a way to try to provide for his child. And his young boyfriend.

If Harry didn't have to continue college for another year, no problem would present itself. They could move together and Harry could even take classes too, if he wanted, and they could raise their child together on the salaries they'd make from odd jobs throughout the years. Louis can imagine a nice, quaint flat downtown with a window seat for Harry and an extra bedroom for them to paint murals in and fill with baby supplies. They could move the day after Louis' graduation, even, could pack up and leave that very night. They could make it work.

Things are complicating and it's giving Louis a mind-blowingly stubborn headache.

He also wonders if he could ring up his mates and find out what their plans are as well. Getting back in contact with them is near the top of his list of priorities. Liverpool is less than an hour away, he knows, but the commute feels a whole lot longer when half of his heart lives on the other side.

The previous Saturday had been the day that Louis' mind was made up for certain – after a brief tour of his future campus – and his application had been submitted before he could even blink. There's no guarantee that he'll get accepted, of course, especially with such a time crunch and the fact that he spent most of his school career in the past year or so thinking that there was nothing left for him after graduation day. Brilliant.

And there's no need to tell Harry until he's certain he's going, right? Yeah. He can do that. There's no point in getting Harry worked up over something that's probably not even going to happen.

Of course, this thought process opens an entirely new can of worms. He has absolutely no idea what to do if he doesn't get accepted to at least one school – Liverpool is his first choice, of course, for locational purposes – and that scares him even more than the thought of moving is.

A child is a beautiful thing, but Louis reckons that it sure does create a lot of stress.

___________

"So, Peanut isn't such a peanut anymore," Harry announces, patting his stomach – he's got a little bump now, one that Louis can actually sort of kind of see, but Harry is partially convinced that he's lying just to make Harry happy – with the utmost of care. "They're like a little fig. Or lime."