fifteen weeks - mar. 13

hELLO i spent today decorating my house for christmas and i am so so excited

yikes. twenty days. twenty fucking days. i can't believe it's been twenty days since i updated?? how the hell?? i hope this makes up for it, i'm going to work very hard and really put my best effort into the length and content of this chapter.

i really miss this story. i really miss reading your comments and reactions. school sucks. don't drop out though, don't drop out

_____________

Louis wakes to the sound of tapping.

He's in his own bed, face smushed into the plush of a pillow he'd taken from Harry's room, with his arms flailed out around him carelessly. His left arm feels like a dead weight, tingly and heavy, so he uses his other to lift it and try to wriggle life back into his fingers. Once he's sitting up he examines his room to search for the source of the disruption - it is two in the morning, after all - to little avail. With a grunt and a swipe of his hand through his fringe, he stands and lumbers out of his room to check on his sisters.

Lottie and Fizzy's bedroom light is off and they're both tucked snuggly into their beds, little stuffed animals and dolls strewn across the light carpet of their bedroom floor, and the same situation applies for Daisy and Phoebe. His mother isn't home at the moment, which he had been expecting because she always works late shifts on Tuesdays, so he's fairly certain he's just hearing things and really ought to go back to sleep.

He makes it to his bed once again when he hears it again. The sound is more persistent and evident now, pulling at him like a rope, and it lasts for a few seconds. He squints into the darkness of his room. "What?"

Tap, tap, tap- he's definitely awake now. He turns on his bedroom lamp, pulls back all of the covers on his bed, rummages around in his drawers, and even dares to open his closet door in case something is falling out and rapping at it, or something like that. Nothing.

Growing frustrated, he closes the door and leans back on the wall next to his window. Because he's only decked out in his most impressive Superman boxers, shivers break out down the bare skin of his chest and legs the second his back touches the coolness of the panelled wall. He curls his toes into the carpet in a desperate search for any sort of warmth. Despite his physical discomfort, he wracks his brain for any sort of idea as to what could be causing the noise.  A burglar, or perhaps a serial killer? A stray animal? The air conditioning, maybe, or a tree limb knocking against the window?

A tree limb seems to be the most likely option, so he doesn't waste any time turning and pulling at it. The house is old and the windows are both sticky and heavy, so it takes him a bit longer than he'd care to admit to shove it open, but a cool breeze tickles his skin when he finally does get the opening wide enough to poke his head through. The sky is as dark as Louis's ever seen it, and his vision hasn't yet adjusted to the lack of light, so he squints out to try to identify any trees that may be close enough to be the perpetrator. Weird, because he certainly doesn't remember any tall trees being that close to his bedroom window-

Thunk. Something clinks right into his glasses, startling him enough to send him lurching backward and slamming the back of his head into the window. He stumble for a moment, arms flailing to help him balance - so he doesn't fall out of the window, or anything - as he grunts, "Fuck. What the fuck?"

"Louis?" he hears, and something pings off of the window above him a few moments later. "Hey, Lou."

He'd recognize that voice even in the dead of a coma, he swears. "Harry, what the hell?" He straightens to the best of his ability, struggling with the weight of the sinking window, as his bare toes push at the wall in an attempt to give him some sort of leverage. "What are you doing here?"