eyeshadow

"Give it to me!"

"No! It's not- I need it right now!"

"I need to call Megan! We have an assignment due tomorrow and we haven't even begun to-"

"Not my problem!" Louis singsongs, standing on his tip toes to hold the phone up higher. "You shouldn't put things off for so long. Maybe you'll learn from this."

"Are you absolutely thick?" Lottie shrieks, "I'm going to get a bad mark! Is whatever you need to do that important?"

"As a matter of fact, yes."

Lottie huffs, crosses her arms over her chest, and puts her angriest, dirtiest glare on display. Louis clutches the phone to his own chest. When she sees that her current demeanor is doing nothing to change Louis's mind, she visibly deflates. "Just... give it to me when you're done."

"Will do," Louis mutters, watching as Lottie wanders into the bedroom she shares with Félicité. He bites his lip, feeling a bit guilty, but retreats to his own room anyway.

Once the door is closed, he flops down onto his bed, eagerly dialing the number. Harry's number, of course.

He answers on the first ring. "Hello?"

"Hi," Louis squeaks, "I, uhm. I just wanted to know... ."

"Yeah?" Louis hears some rustling on the other end. He imagines that Harry is sitting up in his own bed, mobile pressed to his ear (how Louis wishes he had a mobile), and is brushing papers from the duvet. He's constantly got papers everywhere. Drawings, writing, schoolwork; the list is endless. He also quickly realizes that Harry is waiting for him to elaborate.

"Oh! Uh, was wondering... well, wondering what you're doing." He bites his lip again. Did that sound too weird? Too pushy? Too clingy? Too-

"Just doing a bit of doodling," Harry hums. Louis wonders what Harry's face looks like right now. He decides he needs to see it. "Why do you ask?"

"I want you to come over," Louis says, surprising both Harry and himself with his boldness. "Like, right now."

Harry is quiet for a moment - considering the request, Louis hopes.

"Is your mum home?"

Louis blinks. "Uh, no."

"What kind of boy do you think I am, Tomlinson?" Harry giggles. It takes Louis a moment to process this, and when he does, his cheeks immediately burn.

"My sisters! My sisters are home," he splutters, fighting to make his voice heard over the sound of Harry's laugher. He covers his face shyly, hough Harry can't even see it, and muffles his groan into the palm of his hand.

"I'm kidding, Lou. I know you don't swing that way," Harry teases. Louis bites back his retaliation, but only because Harry's talking again. "It's six something... I can be there in ten. What's your address?"

Shit. "Uh... it might take you a little more than ten minutes, right?"

"No way. This town is tiny. You do live in town, right? No weird, windy country roads for me to take?" Harry sounds so nonchalant, but Louis is fucking panicking.

"Yeah, I live in town," Louis stutters, shakily forcing out his address a few moments later when Harry presses the matter once more. Harry hands up with a promise to be there as soon as possible, which is the exact opposite of what Louis needs, but.

"Lottie!" he hollers, bounding down the wooden stairs and into the kitchen. "I need you to help me tidy up. Quickly."

Lottie isn't downstairs, but Fizzy is. She gives him a signature Annoyed Little Sister look.