The Intro

Thanks so much too: purpleismymiddlename, ClaireRenee, Kras12, and IamSiobhan.

-----------------------

Intros are an optional thing for trailers, but they are super cool! There your own way to put your mark on a trailer.

They come in many different forms. Most trailer makers intros are production company's intros or a film's rating (you know, this little sucker)

Intros are an optional thing for trailers, but they are super cool! There your own way to put your mark on a trailer

They come in many different forms. Most trailer makers intros are production company's intros or a film's rating (you know, this little sucker)

I have my own intro. It says my trailer name (Wattpadtrailers Production), and that's about it! It's short, only about seven seconds long, and eye-catching! I've put an example of it up above.

I used to have an intro that consisted of clips from my favorite movies and TV shows, which went along with the beat of the song I chose.

Then I used the one above with a song of my choice. Then, I removed the song and used the song of the trailer. And, currently, I just use the film's rating.

Intros aren't required at all. But I like them. I think they add a personal stamp on your trailer. I asked some other trailer makers what they thought of intro's. Here's what they had to say:

Kras12:

I think that they waste time to be honest, maybe 10 sec. at MAX but more than that, no.

Purpleismymiddlename

I think that intro's are a really cool touch to add to your trailer. It adds individuality to the trailer and is good advertising as well. Whether it is just a neat background with some text with your username or company name or a clip from your favorite show. I especially like it when there is an opening with a piece of music and an edited opening like a TV show. Just make sure to keep it short like under about 30 seconds or else the audience might lose interest. It must be short then the trailer it is introducing

IamSiobhan

I don't mind them as long as they aren't more than five or six seconds some peoples are really long

ClaireRenee

I think they sometimes draw the attention away from the story. But, some like yours (with no other video, just words) tend not to, is what I would classify as a good intro. If you have an intro, it should look like a productions intro; not too long, and a basic explanation. Sometimes it works at the end also, like mine for 'AndScene Media'. It's not bad to have one because it can give more assurance to the video editor that their work won't be stolen.

Tip: Intro's should only last a couple of seconds. Long intros take up to much time and are often found annoying by the viewer. I would say 10 seconds max for an intro.