Sony Vegas/ Windows Movie Maker: How to add Video's etc..

In previous lessons, we learned which clips were good to use and how to download them. Now were going to talk about how to add videos, pictures, music, and text. Since I've only used Windows Movie Maker and Sony Vegas products, I'll be doing those two only.

WINDOWS MOVIE MAKER:

1. To add videos and pictures:

To add videos and pictures on Windows Movie Maker, all you have to do is hit the 'Add videos and photos' button that's near the top. The button is next to the Paste, Cut and Copy buttons.

When you click this button, locate what you want to add. You can add as many things as you like. If you want to add more than one thing, you can either highlight what you want to add or hold down the 'shift' key and select the clips you want.

They will appear on your timeline/work space.

2. To add music:

To add music, you will click the 'add music' button. You cannot add music until you have either text or clips on your work space.

3. To add text:

There are two ways to add text. You can either:

A) Click the 'Title' button which is near the top by the snapshot button. If you click Title, it will add the text at the beginning. So, if you are in the middle of your video and click add title, the text will be added in front of the highlighted clip you're using.

B) Click the 'Credits'  button which, as you guessed, has the same situation as the title button, expect the credit text is added at the end.

4. To split(cut) clips/picture length/:

- 1) Make sure the clip you want to split is highlighted in blue.

- 2) Using the black bar, move it around to the spot you want to split the clip at. TIP: You can use the keyboard shortcut 'L' to move frame by frame or you can use the two buttons under the play screen on opposite ends of the play button. You CANNOT use the left and right arrows on the keyboard. These are used to skip around from one clip to the next.

- 3) When you've chosen the spot you want to split/cut the clip at, right click on the black bar. You'll then have three options:

- A: Set start point: By clicking this, your saying where the black bar is is where you want your clip to start.

- B: Set end point: By clicking this, your saying where the black bar is is where you want your clip to end.

- C: Split: This will cut the clip into two.

5. To split music:

- 1) Make sure the green music bar is highlighted.