CHAPTER 2

" What's that about? " Charlie asked curiously pointing towards the adjacent dorm building. There was a growing commotion by the entrance. Every other student seem to be flocking towards it.

Not like Charlie cared.

" Beats me. Wanna check it out? Might be the wolves we've been hearing so much about." Vincent replied. He nudged Charlie's shoulder and grinned sheepishly. " Well?"

"Nah. You go ahead. I'm gonna go get something to eat. Just tell me about it later. " Charlie groaned. He didn't want to be trampled by a herd of hormonal teenagers thank you very much. He turned and headed towards the opposite direction while waving goodbye to his best friend.
" Catch you later babe." Vincent called out winking flirtatiously at him.
" Oh shut it Vincent!" Charlie yelled. Scrunching his face in distaste. He was never a fan of pet names. Especially 'babe'.

Vincent chuckled at that. He always found it amusing seeing Charlie so annoyed. It was adorable. He waited until Charlie turned the corner before running towards the source of the chaos.

What the hell was going on? He asked himself.

Charlie on the other hand was making his way towards the cafeteria. It was a Sunday. A very peaceful Sunday. Don't get him wrong, he was not complaining. For the first time in that semester he was able to order his food without having to wait in line.

He grabbed a tray, took two slices of pizza and a coke then paid for it with a twenty.

He scanned the whole vicinity looking for a good place to eat and spotted a seat by the window. He placed his tray down on the table and released a satisfied sigh. He slowly opened the coke bottle to hear the relaxing fizz of the cold soothing liquid. Taking a generous sip and then sighing for the second time. This was the life, he thought to himself.

The cafeteria was nearly empty. Though there were a few students here and there, just lounging with their friends. Charlie wondered where everyone was. Usually, Sundays were very busy. And by this time the cafeteria should already be full.

Sundays like this were rare. And he was surely going to enjoy every minute of it.

He grabbed a slice of his pizza and bit a big portion of it. Closing his eyes to savor the cheesy taste and to prolong his euphoria, Charlie was definitely living the life.

" Excuse me."

Charlie's eyes fluttered opened. There was a blonde haired boy about the same age as him standing in front of his table. He unknowingly stared for a second too long.

"Can I sit here?" The guy asked.

Charlie couldn't help but look around the cafeteria. Why did this guy want to sit beside someone like him? He was at loss for words. The only thing he could do was stare blankly at the green-eyed stranger.

" Is that a yes or a no?"

A deep flush covered Charlie's cheeks.

" Uh. Yeah. Sure. You just caught me off guard." Charlie mumbled as he took a swig of his coke. " Go ahead. I could use some company."

" Thanks. I'm new here. I don't really know anyone else." He began sending a smile at Charlie. " I'm not bothering you am I?"

" No no. Not really."

" Cool. The name's Ben by the way. Ben Smith." he continued as he held out a hand to him.

" Charlie. Charlie Paxton." He grinned, enveloping Ben's hand in his and shaking it.

There was a moment of silence between them as they both ate their pizza. Charlie looked back at Ben , focusing solely on his appearance. He was fairly good-looking much like his friend, Vincent. He also noticed Ben's eerily bright eye color which sparked Charlie's curiosity.