Chapter 14

Charlie has been having dreams lately. Terrible dreams. He dreamt of a time where the skies turned teal.

Yes, teal.

He dreamt of people groveling on the ground, their bodies turning lifeless as blood seeped out of their eyes.

He was scared.

He did not want that day to come. But he knew that it was inevitable. Just like how he would meet Titus sooner or later. It was inevitable. He could avoid it, but it would happen whether he liked it or not.

Charlie did not know why he had those dreams. He only knew that everything he dreamt about came true. Like the time when his uncle Mitchell went on a 30-day vacation on a cruise ship to travel the world. The night his uncle left, he had a dream. A dream where the cruise ship sunk deep into the hurling seas.

He watched as his uncle held on a metal rail by the deck for dear life, struggling not to let go. He watched as a huge wave came crashing down the side of the ship, tipping it over.

His uncle's body jerked under the waters. Trying to swim to surface, but failing miserably due to the current.

And finally, Charlie watched as his uncle Mitchell took his dying breaths.
Charlie was there, but not entirely there.

He had woken up screaming. His parents had tried to comfort him but he kept on insisting that his uncle was in danger.

But it was inevitable.

His uncle died soon after.

Because it was inevitable.

At the funeral, his relatives were treating him like an abomination. Saying things like he was possessed by a demon. But Charlie was normal. Even if people told him otherwise. At the tender age of six, he was scarred for life.

After a year, he was sent to a boarding school. And there he stayed for the years to come.

-----------------------------------------------------------

"I'm going to go grab a drink. You want one?" Vincent offered. He quirked his head sideways to see the still bustling dance floor. He and Charlie had gone through seven songs before they decided it was enough for the night.

They slipped out of the crowd and headed towards the tables that were pushed against the wall. Both of them were drenched in sweat. The humid air was not helping the least, it made them really uncomfortable in their suits.

"Charlie?" Vincent asked. "Do you want a drink?"

Charlie shook his head. "I'm fine. No need."

He had watched a couple of students spike the punch with what he guessed was vodka and he was not going to drink something too risky.

Vincent pulled out a handkerchief from one of his pant pockets and wiped the sweat accumulating on his forehead. "Okay. You tired?"

Charlie nodded then smiled.

"Had fun?" Vincent smirked.

Charlie let out a loud laugh. "Yeah. More than expected. "

"Well, get some rest. I'm gonna get something to drink."

Charlie watched as Vincent strode towards the table of punch. He didn't bother informing Vincent about its alcohol content since he knew that his friend never got drunk or even a little bit tipsy.

A black haired girl pulled Vincent into the dance floor before he could even reach the buffet table. Then, without warning, he was swarmed by girls.