Chapter 13: Titus

Titus Pierce was of noble birth. Being the first born amongst his twelve siblings, his parents had incredibly high hopes for him.

You could say that Titus was a very sad boy. He knew not of love for his parents deprived him of it. To strengthen his being, they said. Not knowing that it did more harm to him than good. His brothers and sisters created an unsurmountable gap between them and avoided him at all costs. As far as they were concerned, he was as good as dead.

Titus was a dying flower amidst a field flower buds. He matured early-- too early. He had been robbed of his childhood. And in the darkness of his life, he found solace in the world of books, immersing himself in it.

Choosing to ignore the empty void growing inside of him, he strived for greatness. And that he did.
But greatness came with a price.

In the eighteen years Titus spent living as his parent's puppet, he had faced many challenges that either led to death or heartache.

He was nominated to be the next alpha at seventeen along with thirty others. At twenty-one, all candidates would be evaluated. And the most promising one would be the next Alpha to come into power.

Titus was at the top of that list, unsurprisingly since his family had a huge influence on the Werewolf world. Many concluded that he would be the next Alpha Prime, ruler of the Lycan race and Head of the Werewolf Government. That is, if he did accept the responsibility.

You see, Titus had the power and capability to be a good leader but-- he had no interest in politics or power rather.

His parents loathed him for that. They had raised him from the ground up to bring the family's reputation to greater heights but the boy didn't seem to care. Simply because he didn't. When time comes, he plans to surrender his position to someone more deserving than him. Devin. His younger brother who was one year his junior.

He knew Devin was the best candidate amongst them all. If only the younger boy gained the guts to actually push Titus off the list.

Devin had a profound respect for Titus since they were children. That respect led to idolization. He would do anything for his brother even to sacrifice his position in the top thirty candidates. They weren't close, but they shared a bond only the two of them would understand.

Deep inside, Titus wanted to feel loved for once in his miserable life. Not idolized, not feared but loved. He knew that when he found his mate everything would fall into place. Everything would be perfect. And the void in his heart would be filled.

If only it were that simple, since fate had other plans for him.

--------

Hi shady ;)