One

Luke hated wearing pants. All he wanted was to wear a nice skirt that showed off the milky colour of his freshly shaven legs or tight jeans that showed the curve of his perky bum and how slim his ankles were. He hated the baggy dress pants he had to wear to work every day, he felt like a potato in them. And worse than that? Those damn dress shoes. You'd think working at one of the most respected law offices in Perth would give you the freedom to wear at least a nice pair of shoes. Well, think again.

"You okay?" Calum asked as he stepped out of the guest bedroom in Luke's apartment. It wasn't unusual for the raven haired boy to sleep over, Calum was always too drunk to drive home anyways so crashing at Luke's apartment was perfect. "You look bummed."

"I hate these clothes." The blond whined, tugging at his tie as he frowned.

"Why'd you wear 'em then?" His best friend asked as he made his way to the joint kitchen, shirtless. Luke had been staring at his reflexion in the living room mirror for over ten minutes; he had completely forgotten about breakfast.

"I don't know." Luke grumbled with a lazy shrug. "I haven't asked my boss if it'd be acceptable for me to dress like the women do, but by the way that office is filled with judgemental assholes, I'm guessing he'd stick with a no."

"I don't get why you even work there." Calum sighed, scratching his chest as he turned on the coffee machine and placed two slices of bread into the toaster. "You hate it so much, why don't you just quit?"

"Because," Luke shrugged. "They pay me well and for every case we win I get a small part of it. Like, for organisation and efficiency or whatever. It's not such a hard job and I earn serious bank."

"You get bitched around by a cocky asshole and you're okay with it? Where has the sassy Luke from high school gone?" Luke rolled his eyes as Calum laughed lightly, placing the hot toasts onto a plate and sliding them across the counter to Luke before pouring two cups of coffee.

"He's right here." Luke sighed, taking the Nutella from the cabinet and slapping some of it onto his toast before taking a bite. Calum, after making himself some toast too, went straight for Vegemite. "Being bitched around is my job, so I might as well do it well. Besides, my boss isn't that much of a prick. He's actually one of the nice ones, to be honest. I got lucky."

Calum muttered something under his breath the blond couldn't quite catch, but before he could pressure Calum into repeating what he had said, the sound of his phone ringing caught his attention. Pulling the iPhone from his pocket, Luke frowned, seeing the name flash across the screen.

"Hello?" He spoke, swallowing the rests of his toast.

"Luke, hey!" The familiar female voice exhaled, sounding like she had been running. "I'm sorry for calling so early, I just need some help."

"Sure, Naomi, what's up?" Luke asked sweetly. Naomi was one of the few coworkers Luke actually liked, so whatever she needed, he'd do.

"I got caught up with the wedding planning with Dean last night and kind of crashed at his mother's place all the way in Quinns, I won't be able to make it to the office before seven. Could you please stop by Starbucks before heading into the office and getting Ashton a venti caramel frapuccino and a chocolate muffin? He needs it before starting the day, so if he has it on his desk before he arrives he won't even notice I'm late. Please?"

"Of course, don't worry about it." Luke laughed, stuffing his hands into his front pocket as he turned around to look out of his apartment window. "I'll make sure it's there."

"Thank you so much, Luke." Naomi sighed in relief, Luke hearing some shuffling coming from her end of the line. "I'll see you later, bye."

"See you." Luke mumbled before hanging up. He turned around to see Calum already smirking at him.

"Do secretaries have some sort of loyalty oath of something? Every time I'm here you guys are asking each other for favours."

"Shut up." Luke mumbled as he rushed back to his room to brush his teeth. He didn't even have to wait for Calum to leave before him, Calum knew his way out (but he'd probably hang around for another few hours before actually deciding to leave). "I'm off then, don't forget to lock the door and put the spare key in the usual spot."

"Always do!" Calum exclaimed as Luke hurried to the door. "Have a good day!"

Luke slammed the door shut, walking down the quiet hallway to the elevator. He lived in a nice complex right next to King's Park. Not only did that mean Luke had been blessed with great views from every window in his apartment (he could see the city, the Swan River and the park from his apartment), but he was also only a short walk away from work. That was one of his favourite things: walking to work early in the morning. He liked feeling the wind rustling his hair and the buzz from everyone making their way to work or school. He smiled softly as he made his way down his road before crossing the bridge over the highway.

He nipped into Starbucks like Naomi had asked, taking Ashton's order to go as he rushed out of the coffee shop and down the road before reaching the fancy building he knew so well. He smiled at the black haired woman at the front desk, taking his employee card from his pocket and swiping it over the scanner to grant him direct access to the building. He walked straight to the elevator, waiting patiently in the back until he reached the 11th floor and stepped out.

"Good morning, Luke." Anita, the front desk lady greeted him with a warm smile, receiving one in return from Luke as he rushed down the corridor to Ashton's office.

He let out a breath he didn't know he was holding when he saw the man wasn't there, meaning Luke could just leave Ashton's breakfast on his desk and he would never know Naomi was late. He quickly rushed out of the room, making his way across the office to where his own boss worked. He dumped his bag onto the floor, flopping down onto his chair with a huff. His computer screen was filled with sticky notes of things he had to do today, but Luke could not be bothered to start them straight away.

"If you're going to get Ashton some breakfast, you could've at least gotten me something too." Michael's husky voice caught Luke by surprise, the blond jumping in his seat as he gasped. His eyes flickered over to his boss, regretting it as soon as he saw how gorgeous Michael looked in the blue button down shirt and black pants.

"Sorry." Luke replied quickly, tearing his eyes away from his boss before he allowed himself to start drooling, or worse, picturing Michael and him together. "I owed Naomi a favour."

"I'm kidding, Luke." Michael snorted, tapping the blond's shoulder lightly. That only gave Luke a clear view of Michael's wedding ring. "I am perfectly capable of getting my own coffee. Now, off to work. We've got a busy day ahead of us."

~~~

i like this very much tbh

i still don't have the ending planned but as you know me...i want it to be sad.

vote and comment to make me change my mind? lol