Six

Going back to work on Monday wasn't exactly something Luke was looking forward to. He had spent his entire Sunday replaying the previous night in his head. The last thing he wanted to do was go back into the office and face Michael. Should he act like nothing ever happened? Or should he bring it up? Luke had no idea of Michael's thoughts, but he could only hope his boss had spent as much time thinking about Luke as Luke spent thinking about him.

Michael sighed as he counted down the seconds for his alarm to go off. He hadn't slept at all since Saturday night, thoughts about Luke clouding his mind whenever he tried to drift into sleep. He couldn't do it. He couldn't spend another second stuck in a relationship with Jane knowing there were people out there in the world that could make him feel the way Luke did. There was happiness out there, and being with Jane was keeping him from being happy.

He rolled out of bed with a grunt, hating how uncomfortable the guest bed was. He hadn't given much thought to it when he first bought the bed, but now he felt sorry for every single guest that had ever slept on that good-for-nothing mattress. His feet padded down the carpeted floor towards the en suite bathroom, where all his stuff had already been transferred to. He didn't even know if he could still call it a guest room; it was now Michael's room.

He took a long shower, the silence that indicated Jane was still asleep making him feel slightly better. He didn't want to have to deal with his wife that morning; he didn't want to have to deal with his wife ever. He was tired of it, he was done with coming home to sadness and loneliness. He was tired of the nothingness.

He skipped breakfast, deciding that the sooner he left the house, the better it'd be for him. He was scared Jane would wake up and start throwing a fit for something so small and unimportant. He didn't even button up his shirt before throwing a tie around his neck and rushing to the car. The sound of Green Day filling the empty car was the only thing that got Michael to crack a smile.

Luke, on the other hand, was avoiding leaving home. He had hit the snooze button three times. When he realised what he was doing, Luke was already late. He scurried out of bed and into the shower, not really bothering to give much attention to his hair as he soaped his body before rinsing it. As he got dressed, Luke fished out the first pair of panties he could find before pulling the hideous cream coloured dress pants over his legs and throwing the white button down shirt over his shoulders.

He didn't even think of eating breakfast as he brushed his teeth, trying desperately to close the buttons on his shirt with his free hand but failing miserably. He was out the door before he knew it, his fingers quickly working with tying his tie as he rushed to the elevator. He needed caffeine, no matter how late he was. Looking down at his watch, Luke tried to come up with a good excuse for being late. Yeah, I just didn't want to come because I was too embarrassed to see you after Saturday.

He was practically sprinting down the street, only slowing down once he saw the tall building a few blocks away. The line at the coffee shop right by the office consisted of three people, making Luke huff. The shop was usually empty, which was why Luke opted for that shop instead of the Starbucks across the street. Waiting for his turn, the blond was still trying to come up with something - anything - to say to his boss when he first saw him. He handed over the money for his large coffee, waiting patiently for his name to be called.

Luke's heart was beating unbearably fast as he stepped out of the elevator, smiling at the front desk lady before taking a sharp turn down the corridor that led to Michael's office. Spotting him standing there in black trousers and a black shirt made Luke abruptly stop in his tracks, watching with his lips slightly parted as Michael laughed along to something Ashton Irwin said. His hands were stuffed into his pockets as he threw his head back, his eyes screwing shut. Luke was only pulled back from his daze when he felt warm liquid on his crotch, making him take a step back.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry!" The small blonde that bumped into him gasped, taking the paper cup from the ground. "I-I wasn't looking, I'm so sorry."

Intern, Luke thought. He forced a smile onto his lips as he shook his head. He was beyond pissed as he looked down at the brown stain on his trousers, but he went out of his way to be nice to the intern. No one was ever nice to interns, so Luke thought he might as well not make her feel like a bigger shit than she probably already did.

"It's okay." Luke assured her as he smiled wider. "It was an accident. I'll just go get myself cleaned up, it's absolutely fine. Have a good day."

The sparkle in the girl's eyes was enough for Luke to know he had done a good job. As soon as he walked past her, he allowed his smile to be turned into a frown, muttering profanities under his breath as he headed to the mens room. Taking a few paper towels and wetting them, Luke quickly dabbed them over the stain on his crotch, ignoring the feeling of the warm liquid burning him. He couldn't take his trousers off unless extremely necessary because of his panties.

Looking at his reflexion in the mirror when he was done, Luke groaned. "Fuck." He tugged at his still dampened hair, his eyes glued to the slightly darker colour in his trousers due to the dampened paper towels.

He unzipped his trousers hesitantly, pulling them down his legs before bringing them to the blow dryer. He was silently praying that it wouldn't take long for it to dry in case someone else came in. His prayers were ignored; the sound of the door opening and closing making Luke bite the inside of his cheek as he shrunk enough so his shirt covered most of the lace material.

"Oh." The familiar voice made a blush creep up Luke's cheeks. "You doing okay there?"

Michael was fighting hard to keep his eyes off Luke's exposed legs as the blond kept his trousers right under the hot air that came from the blow dryer. He quickly shook his head, Michael's dark eyebrows etching together into a frown as he stepped closer to Luke.

"What happened?"

"Coffee." Luke shook his head again before clicking his tongue. "Breakfast, gone."

Luke felt like he could die of embarrassment right then and there. He could feel Michael's eyes trail down his legs and he could see Michael's lips twitch into a smile. He just wanted to crawl into a hole, to live there in the darkness and never have to face humanity again. He wanted to bang his head against a wall repeatedly until he couldn't remember his name or what he was embarrassed about in the first place.

"Good thing your breakfast's gone." Michael nodded shortly, Luke shooting his a confused look before the faux blond shrugged. "I didn't have breakfast either and I could use some company."

"I'm drying my pants." Luke stated flatly, as if that was an excuse for him not to go with Michael.

"I can see that." Michael nodded, his fingers holding the hem of Luke's dress shirt before tugging it slightly. He let his hands brush the side of Luke's thigh ever so slightly as he let go of the shirt. "Meet me once you're done so we can go."

Michael didn't even wait for Luke's response before turning around and heading to the door again. Luke simply stood there, with his mouth slightly agape and his legs crossed. This was definitely not happening to him.

"Nice panties, by the way." Michael added as he held the door open, smirking at the blond. "Didn't really take you for the type."

~~~

40 votes 10 comments?

motivate me ppl :(