I Knew It

Yibo was in his room being his bored self. The homework due on Friday was finished an hour ago so now he didn't know what to do. He wasn't up to talk to Sungjoo about his new crush, his heart had been distracted doing homework but the more he wondered what he could do, the more he thought about Sungjoo. Leading to an endless spiral of hurt.

Yibo was laying on his bed, facing the ceiling just wondering why. He wondered why he had moved here. Why Sungjoo came up to him day after day when he first moved. He wondered why he had to have the house right next to Sungjoo's, why he silently fell for him, and why he is unable to get up.

'Why am I like this?' He questioned covering his eyes with his arm. He knew he needed a distraction, he couldn't bear thinking about the other more than he already had. He checked his phone battery, '87%. Good enough' he sat upright slowly, avoiding a head rush.

Every step he took down the stairs felt like the loudest thing he could ever do, as if he were afraid Sungjoo would magically hear him from next door and come busting into the room complaining about how 'You lied to me' and 'If you didn't want to hang out with me you could have just said so.'

Sungjoo was a basic person, easy to figure out, and Yibo did not want to deal with a complaining Sungjoo after hearing about the other's crush.

He saw his mother typing something on her laptop, she looked up for a while with eyes holding a question.

"Dance." He said simply. She nodded and returned her attention back to the laptop screen. Yibo checked to make sure he had his phone and earbuds before grabbing his key on the way out.

He was just walking down to the dance studio not too far from his col de sac. All he had to do was cross the road, walk down the left side, turn left towards the school and some point after, he would be able to see it. If he got lost he would just call his mom to give him directions or look them up on his phone. He was almost positive he wouldn't need to do that, though, he saw it every day on the way to school.

The first step out the door he remembered his house was on the inner part of the col de sac, which meant he would have to pass in front of Sungjoo's window. That means there's a chance he could be seen. His eyes trailed towards the back of his house, if he jumped the fence, the sidewalk there would be a safer route.

"Oh, Yibo. Did you change your mind?" the sound of typing filled his ears again and he smiled sheepishly.

"I told Sungjoo I won't be able to do anything today because of homework..." He rubbed the back of his neck, he was picking up Sungjoo's habits. His mother turned to look at him, he could have sworn that raised brow was wondering about said homework.

"It was easier than I thought it would be, I finished earlier than I thought I would..." He answered honestly, "and I don't want to disturb Sungjoo because he barely does his homework in the first place." he dropped his arm once he noticed what he was doing. His mother looked at him a while longer, her fingers typing the whole time, it freaked him out just a tad bit.

He held his breath and hoped that his mother wouldn't try to convince him to hang out with Sungjoo.

'Let him do his homework, let him, let him, let him...' Yibo willed.

"Don't forget to lock that door" her response sounded more like a sigh but Yibo took the chance, bolting towards his backyard before his mother could change her mind.

Still on the paranoid side, Yibo carefully slid the glass door open, watching it as if it would shatter any second. He crept over to the wooden fence, it was up to his neck and the paint had been chipped over the years.

Taking a deep breath, he felt the top part of the wood, experimentally applying pressure to check for possible splinters. His jaw tightened as his feet repeatedly left the ground in a hop. Once he had enough momentum he locked his arms and swung is leg over the fence at the same time. He hissed when he felt a scratch on his calf. When is feet connected to the floor again he crouched down to inspect his leg. There wasn't much, it wasn't even bleeding.