Chapter Eighteen

So, I decided to add more to this chapter, so, for those who already read chapter eighteen, there's more at the bottom.

Eren's POV

"Who are you?" I questioned the voice, it was a female's, but somewhat deep. I turned my head from side to side but I couldn't see anything. I went to go feel my face to see if my eyes were covered but my hands wouldn't move. I heard heavy footsteps, muffling the lighter ones. They were on either side of me, my breathing got heavier. "Where am I?"

"Let's make this quick, we are rather busy." The woman spoke again, she sounded young, maybe my age. "You see, we are called 'The Shifters' and we need your help. Now, we know you are close to the King, therefore, you are the only who can do it."

"What? Do what?" I asked, my confusion grew with every word. This time, a male replied, his voice was booming.

"It's simple, really, all you have to do is kill the King." My jaw dropped and they snorted. "Oh, don't act so surprised. You really think people like him?" He's the best king we've had in years, or so I've heard.

"I won't do it." I replied simply, shaking my head. I heard a chuckle.

"We aren't giving you a choice, Eren." I felt her hand on me, sliding something into my pocket. "Slip that into his drink and he'll die quickly. You'll become King and it's a win-win." I shook my head again, biting my lip to hold back the tears. "As I said, you don't have a choice." I suddenly heard sobs, sobs that were so familiar it made my stomach twist.

"Mikasa?! You have Mikasa?!" I shouted, desperately trying to go towards the cries but was unable to move, the tears fell.

"So, will you do it?" The male asked, I shook my head for the third time. I heard a loud slap and then Mikasa grunt.

"Eren, please, they have Armin, they are hurting him!" Mikasa cried, I dropped my head in defeat, letting the tears fall. "Please..."

"I'll do it!" I shouted, the crying made it sound strangled.

"Good boy." Was the last thing they said before I felt myself transport, I remained in the kneeling position. I still couldn't see, I sobbed harder. Suddenly, I felt hands on me and I jolted.

"Don't touch me!" I screamed, trying to escape the familiar hands.

"It's me, Eren, I'm here." Levi said, untying the blindfold and letting it fall. The first thing I saw was his face, it was full of worry. I couldn't hold back the urge to jump into his arms. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled myself against him. I felt him tense as I did but he awkwardly rubbed my back anyway.

"I don't know what happened, I was randomly put into a tournament." I lied, rather easily, too. "I was so scared." Levi stopped rubbing and slowly wrapped his arms around my waist. I backed up slightly and looked at him. You're close already, you need to get closer. You promised to protect them, that's all you're doing. I locked eyes with Levi before closing them and placing my lips on his, giving him no time to react. Surprisingly, he returned the kiss without hesitation, his hand hovered over my cheek. "Please, don't leave me alone."

He wiped the tears from my face and helped me to my feet. Levi gave me a look, he seemed to consider it, before sighing. "I'll stay with you, but only for tonight, and only because of the circumstances." I smiled and nodded. I walked behind him and as he headed to his office, closing the door behind me. Levi felt the side of his book case before he tapped on it. Suddenly, the bookcase narrowed, revealing a secret room. Levi smirked at me before waving me over, I walked in first.

The book case closed behind us and left us in the dark for a split second before the lights flicked on. I looked around in awe at the room and it's cleanliness. There was a rather small bed, with one night stand next to it, books piled on top of it, and I chuckled at what else I saw. The room had its own stove with a kettle for his late night drinks. The bed looks relatively untouched. "Would you like some tea, Y-... Levi?" I asked, testing the his name on my tongue.

"I told you, you're off duty for tonight. I can get it myself." No, I have to do it. Mikasa, Armin, I have to save them. I shook my head and walked over to the sink, where I filled the kettle and placed it on the stove.

"I've got it." I smiled at him and he gave me a look before rolling his eyes. I stood in silence as he sat on the edge of the bed and started to read a book. I spaced out, thinking about all the awful things they could be doing to Mikasa and Armin. How did they get them? The screech of the kettle snapped me from my thoughts, I removed it from the heat and prepared the tea leaves.

I slid the packet out of my pocket and ripped it open at the same time as the tea package. My eyes started to water as I poured both into a teapot. I then added the hot water. I glanced at Levi and he was staring at me, he didn't see, right? "You know, I'm lucky to have such a great slave." He said dryly, I smiled outwardly but I was dying on the inside.

I filled up a teacup and handed it to him, I saw pain in his eyes for a very brief millisecond as he brought it to his soft lips. I felt the tears threaten to fall, I tried my hardest to hold it back as he swallowed some. I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry, I had to, I had to. One tear slid down my cheek, I turned around so that he wouldn't see me. I felt a hand on mine. "Hey, are you okay?" Levi questioned, I nodded.

"I'm just glad to have someone who spoils me so much." I laughed softly, and Levi pulled me back, causing me to sit next to him. I refused to look at him, he drank more and continued reading, maybe he enjoys me being next to him. Why else would he pull me next to him? Why does it matter? You just killed the man you care for.

After a long moment of silence, Levi began coughing and I returned to sobbing. "I'm sorry," I cried, "I'm so sorry." The King stood up and placed his hand around his neck, coughing again, but this time, blood came up. I watched him as he fell onto his hands and knees, hacking and wheezing. "Forgive me, Levi." I said, muffling my cries with my hands. Levi looked at me one last time, his eyes full of pain and his mouth covered in blood, before he went limp and all noises stopped.

(A/N: This is the part I decided to add, you know, below this line, yep.)

I sat on the bed, my head in my hands, as I sobbed for quite a while. "I think I loved you." I whispered to the body on the floor, not strong enough to look up at him. "It was my only option, right?" I asked, finally lifting my head. I expected to see his dead eyes looking at me, but instead, I saw angry eyes. Levi was now sitting up, glaring at me like I've never seen before, I jumped and scooted farther away. What the hell?!

Levi stood up, chuckling as he wobbled. "You know, for the first time since I was two, I trusted someone." He shook his head, lifting his hand to wipe off the blood. "But, they tried to kill me." Levi walked closer and I crawled back, falling off the bed and smacking my back against the wall. The wind was knocked out of me, causing me to be unable to move. Levi grasped the collar of my shirt and lifted me up before slamming me against the wall. "Why?!" He shouted, his face two inches from mine.

I turned my head, as I always do when he shouts at me. I didn't reply and he grew angrier, pulling me away from the wall and slamming me against it again. I groaned and whimpered. "M-Mikasa!" I yelled, finally looking at him as I said the next words. "They have my family!" I cried again, Levi dropped me, making me fall to the floor, before sending his foot into my side.

"You fucking idiot!" Levi growled, kicking me again. "Who do you think I am?! I am the King!" I wrapped my arms around my body, after curling up into a ball. "Did you not think about telling me?!" I shook my head, he grasped my hair and threw me towards the stove. "I should fucking kill you! I really should!" He kneeled on either side of my body and placed his hands against my neck.

Levi squeezed as he spoke, "I'd love to kill you, to just snap your neck and be done with it." I kept my eyes locked with his as my body started begging for air. He released my neck and grasped my chin. "But, I think, I may enjoy your company too much." He placed his lips on mine, I was shocked but allowed myself to melt into it. When I started to back away, Levi gave me a soft kiss and let me.

"I-I don't understand, why aren't you killing me?" I questioned and Levi shook his head.

"Don't think I'm letting you off. You are to be moved back into the dungeons, where you will stay until I find you trustworthy again." I nodded, why is he so merciful? "Also, I will go, personally, retrieve your family. Was it The Shifter's doing?" He asked, I nodded once again. Levi, then, roughly dragged me to the dungeons, where he chained me up and left me in the dark before disappearing.

How did he not die?