Chapter 4: Disappointment

After school Marco and Star started to walk home. While they were walking Marco noticed Jackie Lynn Thomas riding her skateboard across the sidewalk. He couldn't help but stare. She was so pretty. Her blue streak in her hair so wild and crazy. Star noticed Marco staring.
"Whatcha starin' at Marco?" Star questioned
"Huh what?" Marco said
"You were staring off into space" star prodded
"Oh, uh..."
"Gasp were you staring at Jackie?!"
"N-NO!"
"Ooooo Marco has a crush" star yelled
"Shh she'll here you!"
"Come on Marco go ask her out what do you have to lose?"
"You know what your right I should" Marco said as he walked up to Jackie.
"Hey Jackie,"
"Oh hey Marco,"
"I was wondering if you wanted to go to  see a movie this weekend?"asked Marco.
"Uh I'm sorry Marco. I'm already going with Oskar," Jackie said while she skateboarded away leaving Marco in the dust.
Marco fell to his knees, crushed.
"Oh Marco are you ok?" Star said sincerely.
"Yeah yeah. Can we go home now?" Asked Marco in a depressed voice.
Star and Marco walked home slowly that day. She kept trying to cheer him up but he just kept moping around. She  felt so bad because she was the one who told him to ask her.
"Hey Marco wanna see some magic?" Star asked in a high voice.
"Yeah. Yeah sure," he replied.
Just then star yelled "AWESOME MEGA LAZER PUPPIES!"
There at his feet were six little puppies that started shooting lasers out of their eyes.
"Cool" said Marco clearly not interested.
"Come on Marco you've got to have some fu-woah" star said as she tripped over a puppy landing on top of Marco on the couch. The way she landed made them just inches away from each others faces.
Star quickly apologized blushing even redder than a cherry, and scrambled to get off of him.
"NIGHT MARCO!" Star yelled already half way up the stairs.
That could not have been more awkward thought star. That was so weird. When star fell on top of me I felt embarrassed yet safe and warm at the same time. And even now I miss the feeling of having her that close to me Marco thought.
Right before he was ready to head to bed a scream was all he could hear.