Chapter 5: School dance

XXX I DO NOT OWN ANY CHARACTERS FROM THE SHOW STAR VS THE FORCES OF EVIL XXX

When star woke up she had this strange feeling of awkwardness. Marco was her best friend and she cared for him a lot but what happened last night was different. When star landed on top of him she felt as if even though they were close physically, they weren't close enough. She felt a strong wave of longing to be closer to the safe kid. But now as she gets up from her bed and starts getting dressed, she wonders if when she walks out of her room, things will be different. Will he feel awkward also? Did he also feel the strange connection? Why am I suddenly feeling attracted to Marco? He's my best friend I shouldn't like him, right?

When Marco woke up his feelings were even more complicated. Do I still like Jackie? If I don't do I like Star? Is it wrong to like your best friend? Should I say something about it?

After putting it off both teens left there rooms and simply stared at each other for about a whole minute until Mrs. Diaz interrupted with "What would you kids like for breakfast?"
"Umm I'm good actually. Not very hungry," Star replied in a shy polite voice.
"Yeah. Same for me," Marco also said.

Star started to walk down the stairs to grab her backpack.
"I heard there was a school dance in the making for this Friday. You kids going?" Mr. Diaz asked.
"Uh yeah sure sounds, uh, fun," Marco said coolly.
"Ok" said star briefly, anxious to go to school.

Star and Marco exited the house and almost the entire walk to school was silent. Until star brought up "About last night,"
"Yeah. That was awkward,"Marco said.
"I didn't mean to make it awkward! But it's ok because we're friends right?" Star asked quickly.
"Yeah totally!" Marco yelled. "So"
"So. Who are you going to ask to the dance?" Star questioned.
"At this point I have no clue. I mean if jackies obviously going with Oskar than I have no one to ask," Marco responded, clearly out of options.
"Well I don't have a date either. You maybe wanna go together? You know, as friends?" Star asked in a small voice.
"That would be awesome. Then we can pretend to barf and gag when all the couples kiss," Marco said laughing.
"Omg your right," Star said now also laughing.

Friday:

That day after school the two separated into their own rooms to get ready for the dance. When star entered her room she debated her clothing options. Well I could wear a casual outfit to be able to dance in, I mean it is only a school dance right? Or I could wear a dress and look gorgeous in front of Marco. Star thought. She ended up choosing the dress option. The dress she wore was a flattering teal color maxi-dress with purple off the shoulder straps. She wore purple flats and put her hair in a high messy bun with baby hairs pulled out.

Marco on the other hand just put on a nice collared shirt and nice jeans. He also messed with his hair and put on a pair of black dress shoes.

"Oh. You two look adorable!" Mrs. Diaz shrieked when they came down the stairs.
"Mom stop your embarrassing me!" Marco whisper shouted at his mom.
"Ok kids have fun!" Mr. Diaz shouted after them as they left the house.

The dance at the school was nothing like dances in Mewni. In Mewni you had to follow proper etiquette and here you just kind of went with it.
"ONG AREN'T YOU HAVING FUN MARCO!" Star shouted, trying to be heard over the loud music.
"YEAH. THIS IS AWESOME!" He yelled.
"Ok. Now we're going to slow things down a notch. This means guys, go find that special girl and girls go find your man" the dj said over the mic.
All of a sudden boys and girls were hectic trying to find a dance partner for the slow dance. Marco and star tried to walk away from the chaos. But star ended up falling into Marcos arms for the second time after tripping over a chair leg.
"Uh... Care to dance? I guess?" Marco asked.
"Umm sure" star said, not sure what was happening.
Before they knew it they were moving around dancing and having a great time together. Suddenly star had a miss step but Marco covered it up by dipping her. Next thing they knew they were breathing the same air.