Elena Finds Out

"Wait so what are you doing here?"
I asked, quickly changing the subject.

"Oh my brother has some unfinished business, you know how that goes..."
I don't think she knew about Klaus wanting to kill me and everything yet so I didn't tell her.

"So how did you know I lived here?"
I asked, not giving her a chance to mention the Stefan situation.

"Oh I was walking in the woods when I saw you walk here sadly.."
I was glad she didn't asked what was wrong, that's what I liked about her, she knew I probably didn't want to talk about it.

"Oh..."
I smiled warmly at her. She looked around, someone was probably walking closer to us because Rebekah said she needed to go, we said our goodbyes and she left in a second. I turned around and saw Elena walking closer to me. I didn't know what to do, I wasn't sure of what to say.

"Elena..hi...look, I'm so-"

She cut me off Immediately. Rude.

"Save it. I don't want to hear your apology until someone tells me what the hell is going on here."

She seemed mad, well I did kill her best friend. I just sighed and nodded in agreement.

"Do you know where Stefan or Damon is?"
I asked, trying to change the subject. She sighed, I know she didn't want to talk to me but she needed to talk to Stefan.

"I don't know, do you?"
She sounded cold-hearted, she hates me now, of course.
She turned around and called Stefan, her phone kept ringing, Stefan wouldn't answer, I wonder what happened to him. I decided to walk inside the boarding house, she just ignored me, she was still trying to reach Stefan. It wasn't long before I heard her leave, she probably went home.

I just walked upstairs to my room so I can continue unpacking. A few hours later I heard someone open the door and walked inside, I rushed to the stairs and saw Stefan and Damon looking up at me, then they quickly ignored me and walked to the living room. Yup, they're definitely mad at me because of what I did. I followed after them and stood there silently. It seems like they were figuring out what to do and then Damon spat out some words.

"So she's Katherine's doppelgänger but she's nothing like her.."
Wait, who's Katherine? And who's the doppelgänger, I had no idea of what was going on so I just continued standing there silently. Then Stefan started talking.

"Yes, that's one of the reasons of why I fell for her, she's compassionate, selfless,-"
Damon cut him off quickly.

"Yeah yeah, you love her, but she has to know sooner or later.."
Damon's voice trailed off. There was a moment of silence, then there was knock on the door. I turned around and watched Stefan pass by me and opened the door. Standing there was Elena, a confused and scared Elena. I left them alone and walked to Damon, even though I still eavesdropped. I sat next to Damon while he drank a small glass of bourbon, he was staring at the fireplace, I didn't want to say anything so I just sat there quietly.

"Elena..are you okay?"
I heard Stefan talking. I was pretty sure that Elena was feeling scared and sad at the same time.

"What are you?"
I heard Elena's voice cracking.

"Elena..I.."
Stefan's voice trailed off. Was he actually gonna tell her? Of course, he loves her.

"What. Are you?"
Elena asked again, this time sounding a bit angry.

"I'm a vampire."
I saw Damon turned around and looked at Stefan. I stayed quiet, he just told her, what if she tells people and then we get killed, why Stefan, why???

I didn't continue to listen to their conversation, it wasn't the right thing to do at the moment. I figured that Elena left when Stefan came back inside looking down, I feel so bad for him, I didn't know what to say. Damon stayed quiet as well, there was a long moment of silence. I decided to say something.

"Stefan..I-"
He cut me off immediately.
"Don't. Just don't, Jade."
He sounded really sad, which made me feel even worse.