Denying The Truth

I couldn't really sleep last night, when the morning came, the event kept replaying in my head. I still felt really horrible. I feel like I really needed to talk to someone about it, but I don't know who, I walked out of my room and looked around. I don't think anyone was home.  Stefan had probably left for school to talk to Elena , I didn't know where Damon was though. I walked downstairs and saw Damon sitting down infront of the fire place, he was quiet, like he was thinking about something.  I sat next to him and asked if he was ok.

"I'm inlove with a girl that I can never have."
I knew what he meant. But oh my god, he loves Elena, I didn't see that coming.

"Tell me about it."
The words just came out automatically again, who was I talking about, wait, what?

Damon just looked at me curiously, I think he knew who I was referring to.

"Yeah. Well. Just one thing I don't understand though."
His voice was back to his normal, sarcastic, yet kinda serious self.

"What?"
I asked, I had no idea of what he was trying to say.

"Why do we understand each other completely?"
His voice went low, now, he was serious.

"We're like the same person, Damon, we've been through a lot of pain, but hey, I'm always here for you whenever you need someone to talk to."
I assured him that I'll always be by his side, which probably made him a bit happy, because the next thing I knew he looked at my eyes with his.

"You really are the only friend I have."
He voice was back, which made me smile at him, I'm just glad he's not as devastated anymore. What I had with Damon wasn't love, or lust, it was an understanding, like a connection. I mean sure, something happened the other day, but it didn't mean anything big. A few seconds later, he stood up and poured himself some bourbon, then he started talking about something that I'd rather die than talk about.

"So..who is this "person" that you're Inlove with?"
He asked curiously with a bit of sarcasm. I didn't know what to say, I can't just tell him that I love Stefan. Oh my god. I love Stefan. What the hell. I'm inlove with Stefan. Wait, no, I can't be, no, it can't be true.

"It's nothing."
My voice trailed off when I looked at the fire place.

"Come on, you can tell me. It's not like I have anyone to share your secret with, well besides you."

He chuckled and sat next to me, I still didn't face him though.

"Honestly I don't really know what I feel..."

"About who?"
He asked curiously.

"Stefan."

He laughed. Wow, he laughed.

"My brother? He eats bunnies for breakfast, he has a face in the shape of a square, which made him look like a camel, and besides he loves Elena.."
His voice trailed off a bit sadly when he said the last part.

I turned around to face him and he was looking at the floor. Poor Damon. I didn't know what to say.

"You're inlove with Stefan, aren't you."
He asked, returning to his old self.

"I don't know."

"Actually. You do know, and you're just denying it."
He looked at me with a sarcastic face, I stood up and crossed my arms.

Third Person POV

As Stefan was walking to the front door of the boarding house, he heard Jade and Damon arguing, he decided to stand there and eavesdrop.

"Well. So what if I'm just denying the fact that I'm inlove with Stefan!!?!?! What am I supposed to do?!!! Ruin everything by telling him? He loves Elena and he sure as hell is not even close to liking me as a friend!"
Jade snapped and spat out her words, she was really frustrated and irritated. Damon soon stood up and talked in the tone of jade's voice, which was basically shouting.
Stefan was blank faced, he couldn't believe it, Jade even liking him? He was speechless, he thought Jade hated him so much.

"Well I don't know! I don't even know what to do with the fact that I'm inlove with his girlfriend! His girlfriend Jade!!!!"
Damon snapped too, he was too stressed out about the whole situation.

"Well maybe we should just keep this to ourselves and not tell a soul!!!!!"
Jade reasoned with Damon, hoping for him to agree.

"Well maybe we should!!"
They eventually stopped shouting, Jade just looked shockingly at the blank faced Stefan, she knew he had just heard everything they just said, Jade froze, so did Damon, when he turned around and saw Stefan.

First Person POV

I stood there frozen, I didn't know what to say. Stefan was just standing there, looking at the both of us in disbelief.  Damon froze as well, I really hope someone would say something, this is getting really awkward.

"Stefan-"
My voice was cut off with Stefan furrowing his eyebrows and shaking his head, he then turned around and walked out the boarding house. Crap. What am I gonna do now. I don't know what to say. Am I supposed to apologize about the fact that I love him?