Chapter Twelve

Our lips touched and I pressed mine against his. A kiss. One that's been long overdue. I could hear John gasp and stumble backwards. But Moriarty just smiled. "Ultimate couple moment!" He practically squealed. Sherlock didn't push me away, like he would to most. He just stood there. Shocked and silenced. Letting me kiss him. Actually kiss him. I pulled myself away and staggered backwards. Edging the pool. I wobbled on the edge and fell. My hand flew out to Sherlock and he caught it, pulling me into his chest-for about the fifteenth time. I looked up into his icy blue-green eyes, expecting him to be angry. But he wasn't. He was surprised. And....happy?

Maybe. "I'm sorry about that, Sherlock. I don't know what came over me." I whispered, looking at my hands and trying to pull myself from his grasp. But he wouldn't let me go. "What are you sorry about?" Sherlock asked. "Kissing you, of course." I mumbled. "Why are you sorry about that?" He asked. "Because I shouldn't have done it." I almost shouted. I pried myself away from Sherlock and ran out of the pool. Sobbing as I reached the locker room. My mascara ran down my face. I'd embarrassed myself. In front of Sherlock. In front of John. In front of Moriarty.

No one came running after me. Probably because Sherlock told John not to and Moriarty was gone. I felt horrible. Not because I was embarrassed, but because I didn't feel guilty. Not one little bit. Why should I fell guilty? Well, because I had kissed Sherlock when I shouldn't have! I'm an idiot. Such a daft little idiot. I hadn't realized that Sherlock had come in because I was too busy screaming at myself internally.

"Emily." Sherlock said. I looked up and saw Sherlock there. "Go away." I told him. But, of course, he didn't listen. He took one of the towels and wiped off my face. He then kissed my forehead and slipped his hand in mine.

"Come on," he said, leading me out.

"I'm walking you home."