Chapter Twenty

James Moriarty Caught

The notorious criminal, James Moriarty, was caught at the scene of the crown jewels brake in. He is the main, and only, suspect. His trial will be held tomorrow afternoon....

"Come on, Sherlock. Let's go." John said. They slipped into a cab and rode to the courthouse.

Sherlock stared in the mirror of the restroom he was in. They had arrived at the courthouse minutes earlier.

Why would he want to be caught?

Sherlock thought. He turned around. A woman stood in front if him. She had red hair. She was completely covered in Sherlock merchandise. The hat. Pins. Everything.

"Hi." She sighed. "I'm your biggest fan."

Sherlock looked her up and down.

"No you're not." He told her.

"Of course I am." The woman shouted. "No, you're not. There are two types of fans, and you're neither." Sherlock stated simply. "Then what am I?" She asked curiously. Sherlock looked at her.

Ink on the wrist.

Recorder in pocket....

"You're a journalist. New one, still waiting for your big break." He smirked. "Good job, Mr. Holmes." She said. "I'm guessing you know what I want." Sherlock's grin turned into a scowl. "I'm not giving you an interview." He growled.

"Just a statement?" She asked.

"No."

Sherlock started towards the door. The woman stopped him. "One little statement." She said, holding up the small box. "You want a statement?" Sherlock growled. "Then I'll give you one." He snatched the box from her and held it to his face. He hit the record button and took a breath. Looking the woman directly in the eyes, he spoke.

"You repulse me."

Moriarty stood in the courtroom. Sherlock sat in one if the witness boxes.

"Jim Moriarty is not a criminal. He's a spider. Weaving a web of lies so no one can track him." Sherlock stated. Moriarty smiled at him.

"Has the jury made a decision?" The judge asked. The jury nodded.

"Not guilty."

The room gasped. Sherlock stood up, shocked.

"What?" John shouted. Sherlock opened his mouth to say something, but Emily took him by the wrist and dragged him away. John followed then quickly out of the courthouse and into an alley.

"Why'd you pull me out of there?" Sherlock whined. "So you couldn't say anything that could get you arrested. That's a judge in there, Sherlock." Emily stated. John rounded the corner into the alley way, panting. "What could I have possibly said?" Sherlock asked.

"What you normally say."

Sherlock glared at her, opening his mouth to say another rude comment.

"Don't you say a thing, Sherlock. You know that I'm right." Emily barked. Sherlock snapped his mouth shut and turned to leave. Emily and John followed him slowly.

"Aren't you going to go after him?" John asked. "Nope." Emily said. "Why?" John replied, frowning. "Because he's not going to listen. I'll follow him, wherever the hell he goes, but I'm not walking with him." Emily explained. "That's....odd." John said, looking ahead now. "Yes, I know. Guess what else I know....Sherlock's odd and stubborn." Emily replied, speeding up a bit to make sure she didn't lose Sherlock. John sped up a bit to follow her.

"You go back to the flat. I'll make sure he gets home safe and sound." Emily told him.

Emily's p.o.v:

I turned the corner and stopped for a few seconds to make sure John didn't follow me. He turned left and crossed the street, heading towards Baker Street. I turned to follow Sherlock, but he wasn't there. I spun around. No sign of him. I sighed and walked down the way I knew he went.

"Sherlock!" I shouted. There was no reply. I started a bit of a jog. Why was I getting all worked up? He was going to come back anyways. I guess....because it's mostly my fault that he sort of....ran away.

"Right here." A deep voice said behind me. I stopped and turned around. Sherlock stood there, looking down at me. His dark curls falling into his eyes.

"Where'd you go?" I asked. "Why'd you follow me?" He asked. "Because I didn't want you to get lost. It's dark out here." I stated. "I know these streets like the back if my hand, if anyone was to get lost....it'd be you, my dear." Sherlock laughed. I shot him a glare and he went quiet.

"Where'd you go?" I asked again. "I got a cab." Sherlock replied. "And where is that cab now?" I asked. "I jumped out." Sherlock replied. "Why?" I frowned. "Because Moriarty may or may not have been driving it."
"And that's the truth?" I asked, confused and concerned. "Yes, Emily. You'd know if I was lying to you." Sherlock stated plainly, shoving his hands in his pockets. "Good point. Now let's get you home." I replied. "Not quite yet, I'd like to walk around bit." Sherlock replied. "Are you sure?" I asked. "Positive." Sherlock said, taking my hand. I kept in step with him as we walked down the street. I shivered slightly. Sherlock didn't seem to notice, but it wasn't to get his attention. It was because I was....

Scared....

Odd, I know. But it was the truth. I was scared of what was to come.

I leaned against Sherlock as we walked, as if I was trying keep myself safer. He slipped his arm elegantly around my shoulder. I smiled slightly. It was hard to smile at this point in time, at least. I knew Sherlock was smiling because I knew he was looking down at me.

"What're you smiling at?" I asked, looking up curiously. "Nothing." Sherlock replied quickly, looking ahead. "Why do you keep lying to me?" I asked. "Who said I was lying?" Sherlock replied stiffly. "My brain and your face." I stated smugly, slipping out from beneath his arm. "You're too good." Sherlock growled. "Too good for what? You? This world?" I asked. "You're just too good." He said again.

"For you to fool, right?" I growled. "That's not what I meant." Sherlock pleaded. "Please, I can tell when you're lying to me, Sherlock." I said. "Emily, please." Sherlock said. "Why don't you just tell me what you're keeping from me?" I asked. "Because I don't even know what it is." Sherlock shouted in frustration. "Oh, please. You know-?"

Sherlock had my face in his hands, kissing me. He pulled away and looked me in the eyes. "I don't know what it is about you, but you make me feel....different." Sherlock whispered. I pressed one of my hands against his and held his hand tight.

"Okay." I replied quietly.