Chapter Twenty-Five

Third Person:

"It's him alright." Sherlock said, putting the dead man's hand down. "You sure?" John asked. "Undeniably so." Sherlock replied. Sherlock stopped when he heard a song start to play. Staying Alive by the Bee Gees. Moriarty's signature song.

Staying alive, isn't it so boring?

He'd once said. Sherlock turned around and reached into the man's suit pocket, revealing a phone. Sherlock turned on the phone and saw that there was a message. He clicked on the message icon.

Get Emily, would you? I rather enjoy her.

JM

It read. Sherlock threw the phone away before it went off again. He finally gave in and picked it up again.

Please? It wouldn't be the same without her.

JM

Moriarty begged.

"Everything alright?" Lestrade asked, walking in. "Peachy." Sherlock growled, shoving the phone in his jacket pocket.

"You know who it is yet?" Lestrade asked. "Not quite, give me some time." Sherlock lied. Lestrade nodded and let them leave.

"Emily?" Sherlock called through the flat. "Yes?" She replied. "Are you alright?" Sherlock asked. "Fine. What's wrong?" She asked, coming out of the kitchen. "Nothing." Sherlock said. "Something's obviously wrong." Emily replied. "What'd you find at the case? You look really shaken up."

"Nothing, really. I swear." Sherlock said. "You're an awful liar." Emily said, turning around. She headed back to the bedroom.

The phone buzzed again and Sherlock pulled it out.

Three....

It read.

Sherlock frowned. The phone buzzed again.

Two....

It said. Sherlock set it down and went into the kitchen, disregarding the apparent message. The phone buzzed once more.

One!

Emily screamed and Sherlock ran.

"Should've told her." John said. "She might've been safer if you just told her." Sherlock paced around two hundred and twenty-one B. A gun in hand. "She might still be here if could've just given her a hint." John said again. Sherlock cast a glare in his direction.

"You're not helping!" He shouted, firing at the wall. "Is the wall helping?" John asked. "More than you." Sherlock replied. John scowled back. Sherlock fired another shot and picked up the phone.

"Do something!" He shouted at it. "The phone doesn't talk, Sherlock." John stated. "I'm really thinking about shooting you right now."

The phone played Staying Alive after forty agonizing moments.

I asked you to get Emily. You just didn't listen.

JM

It read. Sherlock threw the phone at the wall in helpless anger.