Chapter Seventeen

Sherlock, John and I arrived at a big, white house. Sherlock rang the doorbell. The door opened.

"I-I've just b-been attacked. They-um-they took my wallet, I think. And I think my leg is broken. C-can you call the police?" Sherlock lied.
"Yes." Said the woman at the door. "Thank you. D-do you mind if I stay here until they come?" Sherlock stammered. The woman let us in. "We saw it all happen. Do you have a first aid kit?" John said. "In the kitchen." The woman replied with a fake smile.

Sherlock and I sat in the living room. Silence pounded in my ears. Like a heart beat. That's when a woman with ebony hair walked in. Wearing nothing. As an instinct, I covered Sherlock's eyes.

"What're you doing?" Sherlock asked. "Preserving your optical virginity." I stated. "Get your hand off of my face, Emily." Sherlock said. "Not happening." I said.
"At least not until you give her your coat." I suggested. "Why do I need to give her my coat?" Sherlock asked. "Just give me the coat." I hissed. Sherlock did as I told and I handed it to the woman who was probably Irene Adler. She slipped it on with out a word. I let my hand leave Sherlock's eyes and he blinked. "What was that about?" He asked me.

"Nothing."

Sherlock furrowed his eyebrows, but turned to face Irene. "I'm sorry to hear about what happened to you." She smirked. "Miss Adler, you don't have to keep up an act." Sherlock hissed. "Sherlock Holmes, I'm assuming." Irene replied. I glared at the woman. "You look familiar." She told me. "A Reynolds, I presume. You look like your brother." I clenched my jaw and glared at her.

"Oh, I made her mad. Now I wonder what Sherlock will do?" She asked. Sherlock glared at her.

"You shut up about my brother, you hear?" I told her.

"Feisty one you got there, Sherlock."

Third Person:

Irene slipped out the window, leaving Sherlock one the floor and John and Emily staring after her. Once she had left, Emily knelt down to Sherlock's side.

She touched the side of his face as he lay there, gasping for breath.

"What'd she do to him?" Emily asked.

"No idea." John replied.

Lestrade came bursting into the room.

"What happened?" He asked, completely oblivious to the fact that Sherlock was almost choking on the floor.

"Doesn't matter, we need to get him back to the flat. Somebody help him up." Emily stated. John and Lestrade lifted Sherlock off the floor.

"Damn, he weighs more than he looks." Lestrade muttered.

Sherlock woke up. Slightly dazed. Irene was standing there.

"Shh." She whispered. "I was just returning your coat."

Sherlock fell back asleep.

Sherlock shot up.

"John!" He shouted.

"Emily!"

Emily came rushing in.

"What do you need?" She asked. "Where'd she go?" Sherlock asked, standing up. He staggered across the room. "Who?" Emily asked.

"Irene." Sherlock shouted.

"Irene was never in here, Sherlock." Emily stated. "Go back to bed." And she pushed him back onto the bed, closing the door.

Sherlock looked up and saw his black trench coat hanging on the door.

He fell over the bed trying to get to it.

His phone rang. It was an inappropriate sound. Someone must've set it.

Emily walked through the door of the flat.

Christmas Eve.

"Emily." Sherlock said happily. "Been awhile, Sherly." Emily replied, kissing him on the cheek. The people in the room-Molly, John, Mrs. Hudson, and Lestrade-cooed at the romance between the pair. Emily blushed and leant on Sherlock.

Sherlock's phone went off.

Emily stood up straight.

"What in god's name was that?" She shouted. "My phone." Sherlock sighed. "Why'd it make that noise?" She asked. "Because someone must've personalized their text sound." Sherlock groaned.

Mantle

The text read. He walked over to the fireplace. There was a box on the mantle. He pocketed the box quickly and returned to the people.

Everyone had left. John had went chasing after his latest girlfriend. It was only Emily and Sherlock.

Sherlock looked down at Emily, who was asleep. His head on her chest. Sherlock didn't want to move because he didn't want to wake her.

His phone went off and Emily's head shot up.

"Turn that bloody thing off." She hissed lazily, setting her head back down on his chest. "Sorry." Sherlock muttered.

Spending time with your little girlfriend?

The text read. Sherlock turned the phone off and set it down.

Emily looked up at him sleepily. He smiled.

"Mind if I crash here tonight?" She asked.

"Not at all, Emily."

Sherlock bent down and gave her a small kiss before letting her return to her slumber.

Emily rested her head on Sherlock's chest. She closed her eyes and fell into a deep sleep. Sherlock did as well. Forgetting about their lives for a while.

Sherlock woke up, Emily curled up next to him. He smiled, not wanting to wake her. He reached over and grabbed the phone, turning it on.

Two text messages.

She's an adorable one

The first one read.

I couldn't keep her. She's dangerous

Said the second.

Sherlock disregarded the messages and set the phone down. Emily stirred in her sleep. She wrapped and arm around Sherlock's torso.

Sherlock smiled and brushed loose strands of blonde hair out of her face. She giggled a bit as his thumb brushed her nose. One of her eyes opened slightly.

"Hi." She muttered. Sherlock looked down at her with a small smirk. "Hello." He whispered back. Emily stretched out. "We should do this more often." She yawned. Sherlock smiled at the thought. Emily gave Sherlock a swift kiss and got up.

"Breakfast?" She asked. "No thanks." Sherlock replied. Emily shrugged and left the room.

Sherlock's phone went off.