Chapter Eighteen

"Put that god damn phone down, Sherlock!"

He was like a damn teenager.

Sherlock pouted at me. "Put it down or I'll throw it out the window." I barked angrily. Sherlock looked at the phone and then at me. "I'm talking to someone." I groaned, stepping close to his face. "Do you really want to find out what happens next?" I asked quietly, my voice vicious. "What could possibly happen that's so terrible?" I rolled my eyes and wound my arm. "Lots and lots of things, Sherlock."

I slapped him. Hard. As hard as I possibly could. Which was fairly hard considering the fact that I was stronger than most.

Sherlock staggered backwards, staring at me. Shock written across his face.

"What the hell, Emily," he whispered. "Why in the hell did you slap me?" I scoffed and crossed my arms.

"You haven't paid any attention to me the entire time I was here, Sherlock."

Sherlock frowned. "That's supposed to make it okay?" He asked. "Sherlock, you just don't get it. I came here to spend time with you. Not some bloody telly." I grumbled. Sherlock opened his mouth to say something, but I interrupted.

"Stop talking for two seconds, Sherlock. I know that you have a heart in you somewhere. I know that you know why I came here. Stop being a sociopath for a couple days and pay attention to the people you care about. I know you can do that." I lectured.

Sherlock's phone rang and he loomed at it. I almost screamed. Stepping closer to him, I held out my hand.

"Gimme the phone." I said. Sherlock frowned at me. "No." He replied swiftly. "Give me the god damn phone, Sherlock." I barked. "No."

I snatched the phone from him.

"Hey!" He shouted. I opened a window. "Don't you dare, Emily." Sherlock told me. I smirked maliciously. I leaned out of the window and threw the phone as hard as I could to the ground. Sherlock gasped. I slammed the window shut and turned to him.

"Enjoy spending time with the shattered remains of your phone."

And I sauntered off, leaving Sherlock staring after me.

I tossed my keys onto the table and slumped down on the floor. I put my head in my hands and sighed.

Sherlock was too much work.

It was hard to get him to listen. And even harder to get him to pay attention. I wondered how John could tolerate his idiocy. I pondered the thought of just giving up on him. But then I decided that I wouldn't get anywhere with that.

I heard my door burst open.

"Go away." I mumbled.

"You just smashed my phone, Emily. I'm not leaving until I get a new one." Sherlock told me.

"Why?" I hissed, looking up at him. "So you can chat with your girlfriend?" Sherlock glared at me. "Who are you talking about?" He asked. "Irene Adler, if course. She's who you've been talking to." I replied, grimacing at the thought of her. "She is not my girlfriend." Sherlock barked. "Let's agree to disagree."

Sherlock sat down next to me.

"You trying to be all buddy, buddy with me isn't going to work this time." I told him, casting a glare.

"What if I spent time with you?" He asked.

"Yeah," I hissed. "It's too late for that." Sherlock pouted at me. "Oh, don't look at me like that. A sad face doesn't fix anything, Sherlock. You've done this to me way to many times, and I'm finished." I grumbled, getting up and walking towards my bedroom.