Chapter Seventeen: On Edge

Addison's POV:

I become aware of my surroundings long before I actually wake up. I can feel the sheets tangled around my body and a pair of strong arms keeping me pressed against a bare chest. My legs are intertwined with someone else's, their hot breath fanning across my shoulder as they nuzzle my neck. The shock of sleeping with someone hits me first, panic setting in since I've never shared a bed with anyone. I'm so accustomed to sleeping by myself, but it's reassuring to feel someone lying beside me in the bed.

Last night was amazing. I never realized someone could make you feel that way, but Dean sure knew what he was doing. After the initial fear, everything was surprisingly fine. I didn't chicken out and there was no panicking on my part. Hopefully Dean enjoyed himself as much as I did.

Blinking open my eyes, I look down at the arms wrapped around my torso and smile. Rolling over in his arms, I stare at Dean's sleeping face. He looks so adorable when he's sleeping. The unconscious state seems to erase several years of Dean's life, his mysterious past no longer hanging over him. Leaning forward, I place a gentle kiss on the tip of his nose.

Untangling myself from him, I push the covers back and crawl out of bed. Once I'm on my two feet I wince, feeling quite sore and uncomfortable in a place I shouldn't. Ignoring the feeling, I pad into the bathroom and close the door behind me. Squirming in my own skin, I turn on the hot water and step into the shower.

I didn't realize I would be this sore after last night. No one ever told me it would hurt, they always just talked about the high. There's no question that the high was worth it, but I feel like I just ran a marathon and all the pain is focused in between my legs.

By the time I get out of the shower, I can hear Dean stirring in the other room. I've just got a towel wrapped around myself when he opens the bathroom door, a sleepy smirk on his lips.

"Morning, tiger," he mutters, his eyes raking down my body hungrily. I readjust my towel, still feeling uncomfortable even though he's already seen me naked.

"Umm... hey," I mumble, staring at my feet. "So... last night..." I trail off, silently questioning whether or not it was good for him. I know he's had his fair share of one night stands, so he must have some sort of standard. I can only hope I met his expectations.

"Was amazing," he says, picking up where I left off. My eyes flit up to his face as I begin to smile. Dean's smirk quickly transforms into a smile and he steps into the bathroom, placing his hands on my hips as he kisses me. "I see you showered without me."

"Oh, yeah, I was just..." I trail off, pulling back so I can look at him amusingly. "Without you? Really?" Chuckling, he pushes me up against the sink, his lips finding the skin on my neck. I wince, the pain flaring up due to his contact. Dean jerks back instantly, worry clouding his features.

"What? Are you okay?" His eyes trail down my body again, narrowing in on something. "Son of a bitch, are those bruises?" Dean's voice is so strained, his emotion getting the best of him as he back up into the wall. Frowning, I spin on my heels to look in the mirror. Sure enough, my neck and shoulders are covered in tiny black bruises, the shapes resembling fingerprints. Dean moans, finally drawing my eyes away from my body.

"Dean..." I turn around to face him, smiling to reassure him. "It's fine, really. It's just a few bruises." He doesn't seem to share my feelings because he closes his eyes, leaning his head back against the wall.

"Addison, I'm so sorry," he whispers, bringing his hands to his face. "I didn't mean to hurt you." Stepping forward, I move his hands away from his face so he has to look at me.