Chapter Twenty-Two: Guilty By Choice

Hazel's POV:

I refuse to sleep in Sam's room even though we're doing it every night. Sleeping in the same bed as a man makes everything more real, and I don't want that. Is it so much to ask that I just have sex with him every night but not have any other attachments? Sam seems to think so, but I don't get it. What is it with humans and their never-ending desire for a relationship? I relate much better with the demons.

"What are you thinking about?" I glance up from my book at the sound of Sam's voice, his eyes roaming my face like he has complete ownership of me.

"I'm thinking about how stupid Bella is to pick the old guy over the hot werewolf," I say, scowling. Sam just laughs and pulls me closer to him. We're sitting in the library on one of the old couches. He's reading something about some monster, but I picked up this stupid book thinking it would be interesting. It's not. "What's so funny?"

"Just that Addie was on Team Edward," he says, his eyes still full of laughter. But the scowl on my face thankfully makes the light disappear. "What?"

"Well, first of all, I don't care about that bitch. Second, I would like to know how you know that," I snap, closing the book and tossing it on the floor. Realizing his mistake, Sam scoops my feet up off the floor and places them in his lap.

"I overheard her arguing about it with Dean. She forced him to watch all the movies with her," he says, drawing circles on the top of my feet with his thumb. Deciding to drop it, I pick the book back up and continue reading. Sam does the same, but he keeps rubbing my feet until Dean comes in to bother us.

"I'm going on a beer run," he says, picking up the keys to the Impala. "Anyone need anything or want to come?" Sam tells him to get some more cereal and Dean nods on his way out. Sam glances over at me, but I make sure to ignore his eye contact until he goes back to his boring book.

Suddenly the phone I found in Addie's room buzzes and I pull it out of my back pocket. It's Crowley. I look up at Sam to make sure he hasn't noticed then I slide off the couch.

"Bathroom," I say when he looks up questionably. Making my way to the bathroom, I hit the answer button and put the phone to my ear. "Took you long enough."

"You ready to get out of there?" Crowley's accent makes me smile as I flush the toilet with my free hand. Sam might be able to hear me.

"Definitely," I say, excitement leaking into my voice. Crowley chuckles and explains to me it's time for the next trial. "Finally! What do I have to do?"

"Kill an innocent," he answers and I smile, my fingers already itching for blood. I haven't killed anything since Medusa and I can't wait for that feeling again. "It's not that bad. Addie went through worse with the others. But once this trial is done, you don't have to worry about the Winchesters anymore. You can stay with me if you want."

"Oh thank Lucifer," I sigh, relief flooding my system. "They're so human. It's disgusting." I laugh along with Crowley, thankful I don't have to be with them for much longer.

"Where are you now?"

"The bunker," I answer, turning on the water in the sink. I know I can't stay in the bathroom much longer, but I don't want to go back out there with Sam. Sighing, Crowley takes a second to come up with a plan.

"Okay," he says, seeming to have found one. "Can you get outside? I can have one of my guys meet you, but they can't get in the bunker."

"Just give me five minutes," I say before hanging up. I do a little happy dance before turning off the water and walking back toward the library. I can't keep the smile off my face even as I walk over to Sam. He has no idea how happy I am that I never have to see his stupid face again.