Chapter Twenty-Six: Push It Down

Addison's POV:

"I can't believe we're actually going to hunt Mothman!" I squeal with glee from the passenger seat. Dean just laughs and keeps driving toward Point Pleasant, West Virginia. "I read about him when I was a kid. He hasn't been seen since the late sixties!"

"That's actually not true," Sam chimes in from the backseat. "People reported seeing him up until 2000, but no one took those reports seriously." Rolling my eyes, I go back to my excited rant.

"So what do you guys think he is?" Dean opens his mouth to speak, but I don't give him time because I jump right in with my own answer. "I think he used to be human, but something happened to him and he like evolved. He's supposed to be like seven feet tall, too. Who grows that much?" Chuckling again, Dean reaches out and takes my hand.

"Seems like you know an awful lot about this thing," he says, glancing over at me. My jaw drops open in mock hurt and surprise.

"Well this thing is a very interesting supernatural phenomenon!" Smiling, I practically jump up and down in my seat as I remember another fact. "He's supposed to be like this omen. He would show up a little bit before bad things happened."

"In anything you've read, has he ever killed people?" Sam leans forward, eyeing me. I frown, confused as to why he would ask that.

"No, he's not a killer," I say blandly before looking over at Dean. But he seems completely unfazed by the fact that an innocent creature may be committing murder. "No. Are you serious? He's killing people?"

"Yeah," Dean says, nodding slightly. Pouting, I cross my arms and turn toward the window.

"Mothman is not killing anyone," I whine, sticking out my bottom lip. Laughing, Dean rubs my back as he pulls off the highway and into the small town. The first thing I see is a large statue of Mothman, his silver wings stretching out toward the sky. This makes me sit up straighter and peer out the window at him until we've driven past Main Street and it's out of sight.

"Can we go to the Mothman Museum before we start?" The boys can't say no fast enough. Rolling my eyes, I grab my bag out of the trunk and go to get us a room at the one crappy motel in town. Once inside, I flip on the lights and plop down on the couch. "If we aren't going to a very interesting museum, then where are we going first?"

"The station," Dean says, opening up my bag for me and pulling out some clothes. Frowning, I take the clothes from him in confusion. "So get changed so we can go."

"But I wanna go look for Mothman! Not talk to stupid police people," I say even though I know I sound like a two year old. Scoffing and rolling his eyes, Dean just turns toward Sam with an expression I know Sam doesn't appreciate.

"Fine," Sam says, grabbing his monkey suit and walking toward the bathroom. "You two can go wandering off like mad men in the woods and I'll be the grown up. Happy hunting." I wait until he's locked the bathroom door to jump up off the couch and wrap my arms around Dean.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" Laughing, Dean ruffles my hair before grabbing his gun. After some berating, I reluctantly pick up my gun even though I tell Dean I'm not shooting my childhood fantasy.

"Not even in the foot, tiger?"

"No!" I slide back into the passenger seat and watch Dean crank the car. He's still chuckling to himself even as we pull away from the motel and start off in the direction of the woods. I tell him how to get to the mine where most of the sightings have happened and he nearly wrecks the car from laughing so hard when he realizes I have all this stuff memorized. "To a twelve year old, this stuff is pretty cool! I always enjoyed the supernatural."