Chapter 1

A woman stood in the darkness, eyes completely glued to the man cleaning his car just outside of his gigantic mansion which seems to have been based off Greek architecture-she could tell by the amphiprostyle arrangement of the exterior of the building.

Wide, archaic columns painted in musty white color with diverse moldings and designs towered over the vicinity, putting other nearby abodes into shame by how it stood proudly and differently from others.

Its sole purpose was to attract attention and inspire envy like a power core feeding off of people's emotions. It was working-for as she stood there, she could feel the anger seeping off like lava through a volcano crack.

The sun had set hours ago, giving way for the night to envelop what once was a clear and tranquil atmosphere with hues of blue and white clouds. Heavy rain poured down from the gloomy sky, imprisoning and forbidding the stars from lighting the dull milieu with people walking on the streets, restaurants working for extra hours and kids playing in mud under the moonlight as flowers bloom from the deluge-sparking the twisted idea that something beautiful could come out of something entirely unpleasant.

She let out a bitter smile, body shivering from the cold. The weather was no doubt enjoying this moment, mocking the state she was in as it fueled the anger she was feeling inside. She sneered at the thought. Never knew she could feel everything and nothing all at once.

The throbbing pain in her chest started growing unbearable by the second as she willfully stood near the gates, staring through it with immeasurable hatred burning in her core. Something inside of her was shrieking, begging and clawing its way out to freedom. It was driving her crazy, taking the very little sanity she had left.

She couldn't remember how she managed to get to this place, with the storm and her current state. Fucked up batshit drunk. It was at least five cities away which means she must've drove like crazy, not giving a single shit about her well being. She didn't care if she'd gotten into a car accident, let alone a driving fine.

But then again, she was never careful. She was always on her worst days. He made sure of that-They all did.

Staring at the man's figure inspired so much hatred she felt like going insane. Every valid and rational thought started slipping out of her mind that she had to dig her nails to her palms so hard to keep herself grounded. Pain holds us down, it makes us human.

She hissed as the sting radiated on her hands but she couldn't care less. She could feel her body shaking uncontrollably as she glared at the man she despised her whole life. The fact that he was unaware of her presence makes her mad even more. The fucking idiot was smiling to himself as he washed off the bubbles from his car.

I should strangle him with the damn hose.

She was so focused on throwing daggers on his back with hateful gaze that she neglected to pay attention to a woman coming out of the house. Feeling her curious look, Jennie tilted her head and their eyes met.

Her silky nightgown shone effortlessly as it hugged her petite body. Loose strands of dark, wavy hair flew on her cheek as the cold wind blew around them. Everything about her screamed elegance and expensive. The woman remained beautiful as ever, Jennie was sure of that. She stood there carrying a black plastic bag, holding an umbrella on the other hand as she stared at her intently.

Jennie staggered in surprise, taking a step back and praying that the woman hadn't seen her face.

"Shit." She cursed inwardly.