Chapter 2

"What about that one?" Jennie asks Seulgi, ushering to the girl sitting with her friends just across their table. Another night spent in a bar, helping Seulgi pick a prospect to have fun or maybe fall in love with.

She let the woman wander on her own and when she came back, looking like a tomato and said that she got slapped, it was an affirmation to a statement that was made the other night.

"I really have bad taste in women, huh?" Seulgi sighed, shoulders dropping dramatically.

Jennie chuckles, "You do, and whoever told you that clearly has a better taste than you."

"Bitch, you did!" Seulgi exclaimed, snapping her head towards the other girl.

"Oh.." Jennie mumbles with a hint of surprise. "Well, I don't remember saying that but point still stands."

"That's rich coming from someone who's not even gay." Seulgi rolled her eyes. Jennie had the audacity to tell her she has terrible taste in woman, hurt her feelings and then say she can't even remember it.

"You're gay and you're not even getting laid." Jennie stated, matter-of-factly. "You make me thank god I'm straight."

"Mean bitch." Seulgi mumbles.

Jennie chuckled, "And someone needs to point you to the department of no bitches."

"Woman get out of here!" Seulgi playfully pushes her away as she laughed at her miserable friend.

"But seriously though, me being straight doesn't stop me from appreciating women and their minds, Seulgi." Jennie furrowed at a sudden realization. "You ever stopped to wonder that maybe the reason you suck is because you look at these women like a pretty face is the greatest quality they can ever possess?"

That hurt again.
But Jennie was right.

"You seem to have fun hurting my feelings these days." Seulgi huffs and crossed her arms.

Jennie threw a hand over the latter's shoulder. "It's only a mere observation, Seulgz. You can do something about it you know."

"Like what?" Seulgi replied, trying to sound disinterested.

"Put messages in a bottle, throw it in the pacific ocean and wait for a woman to magically show up naked in your bedroom." Jennie quipped.

"Brilliant plan, Jen. You want me to learn Latin and light candles too while I'm at it?" Seulgi retorted.

Jennie shakes her head, laughing. "No, seriously. You can't go to places like this and expect to meet someone who's down for a slow burn romance and commit to a long term relationship."

A bitter smile appeared on Seulgi's lips, "I'm not trying to find that kind of girl."

I'm trying to find someone that can make me forget a girl. Seulgi sighed at the thought.

"Then what-who are you looking for?" Jennie rephrased midway. She knew who Seulgi wanted. She was just waiting for the latter to admit it to her, and to herself.

"I.. don't know." Seulgi admits, "Forget it."

Jennie opens her mouth then closed it again, deciding to just let it go for now. "I'll grab us a drink. What do you feel like having tonight?"

"Anything as long as you're paying for it." Seulgi answers right away as Jennie stood up, shaking her head.

She perched on the high stool as she ordered two classic old fashioned. Her eyes automatically adjusted to the luminous multi-colored lights flickering to the entire vicinity. Revel music blaring on the huge speakers, filling the room with savage energy and pleasure.