Chapter 3

"Are you okay?" Seulgi asks, suppressing a chuckle as Jennie sat down with a sour face. "Who are we fighting?"

"How do you know Lisa?" Jennie asks straightforwardly, ignoring her question.

"Why are you asking?" Seulgi replies with a meaningful grin.

"Because I already met her the other night at the club. She was drunk and being weird and touchy and I was really hoping that I'd never go through that absolute clownshoes of a predicament again but for some sick irony, she was in my class earlier."

Seulgi casually takes a bite off her burger as Jennie continues to babble about a certain blonde.

"So I need you to tell me how you know her because college is utter hell and I can't deal with a crazy person right now."

Seulgi lets out a snort and dramatically sips her orange juice as Jennie waits with a raised brow.

"She's.." She paused for a second. "She's alright. We were in the same music club back in highschool. She's talented, passionate and driven."

"And?"

"Oh, that's it." Seulgi shrugs.

"What do you mean? I thought you knew her, like really knew her."

"Look, Jen." Seulgi scooted closer to the table, an indication that things are about to get serious. "She's complicated. I don't know why Lisa was the way she was when you met her but she's a good person. I don't wanna tell you things that might cloud your judgement about her because she's more than just a bad impression. I'm saying this because I would want people to know me from me and not from other people's stories. Do I make sense?"

She's done some bad things..

I wonder what it is.

Jennie simply gave a nod and went silent. There it was again, the throbbing pain in her head like someone was hammering her skull from the inside.

"I used to like her." Seulgi blurts out.

"No.. no shit." Jennie made a snort of derision. "So you and her?"

"God, no. It was just a silly crush. We never—we didn't click." Seulgi waves her hand dismissively as the latter chuckles. "Bitch, what's funny?"

"Nothing. I just can't imagine you liking someone who gives off the same energy as you do." Jennie leaned back to her seat with a silly smile.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"You know, top energy." Jennie rolled her eyes at the word. "I mean, how's that gonna work when you.. you know, fuck. Like who does who?"

Seulgi coughs, almost choking on her drink. "So you agree that I'm a top."

"That doesn't change your terrible taste in women." Jennie retorted with a shrug.

The latter ignores her snide remark and replied, "And for a hetero you sure seem curious about lesbian sex. Are you certain you're not already there 'coz some days you're giving hella gay vibes, Jen."

"Seulgi, don't even try to gaslight me. I'm not sleeping with you." Jennie playfully throws a fry across the table that hit the other in the face.

"I'm just saying. I can be your taste test, your little experiment, your secret rendezvous, your—" Seulgi throws the fry back with a sneer and Jennie quickly dodges it.