Chapter 18

Piers slowly drive through the Radames massive front gate. Honking his car a few times when he finally stop the car in front of mansion porch. He let his car window down, taking the beautiful front garden into his view. He remember the first time he went to the Radames mansion he loudly shouted his amazement and said that Carla is so rich.

Back then Carla was so embarrassed that she even said if he ever mention anything about her wealth she'd never want to speak with him again. He smiled at the sudden rush of memory.

"Afternoon sir, planning to take Miss Radames out, aren't you?" the gardener greeted him while tending the bushes besides where Piers car is.

"More or less, how's your day sir?"

"Same old routine, but can't say that I hate it." The man chuckled then he stared at the front door, Piers follow his gaze.

There stood Carla, in a navy blue dress made of thin garments. The dress seems soft and drape over her slender figure delicately. She's talking to one of the mansion helper, he can't hear what is she saying from his distance, but it seems to be house related. When Carla done she approached the car casually.

"You look beautiful as always young lady, have fun with your date." The gardener said winking one of his eyes at Piers.

"No- no we're not"

"It's not a date"

Both of the teens helplessly deny him. The gardener chuckled at their reactions. He mumbled something about young love, which makes both of them got into more awkward situation.

"We're heading out. See you later, sir." Piers said politely as he started the car engine and rushed away shortly afterwards.

Even though both of them look suspicious with their denial, it really is not a date. Carla has made it clear from the moment he blurted out the idea of them changing their study place to somewhere else.

"Fine, but we're going to study. Not a date"

He went along with it, even though one of the reason of changing the study place is because he missed hanging out with her like the old time. But it's not like they were dating back then. He peered at Carla from her reflection in the car front glass. It's been a while since the last time he saw Carla wear her casual dress. She usually wear uniform-like outfit to school, even though it's not necessary to wear such thing when you go to Racoon High. In fact the first word that he ever said to her was related to her unique choice of school outfit.

"It's been a while since the last time I saw you without glasses." He remarked, noting the fact she had ditch off her glasses today.

"Can we please talk about another thing beside the glasses," she curtly said. Piers smiled apologetically as a reply.

Yep, he totally ruined the good atmosphere between them.

"Okay then, let's get going." He said awkwardly as he hit the gas and increase the car speed.

At time like this he often remember what Claire said about his relationship with Carla.

It's stagnating, that was she said.

It is the truth, at least to Piers. He want them to become something more than just a friend. But with Carla busy schedule, it just seems like a really impossible thing. Now studying has become a reason for him to spend time together with her. Deep down Piers feel like he can't take it anymore, those moments where he really want to blurt out and tell Carla that he actually want them to be more than friend is getting more frequent.

That's why today Piers going to end it all.

But one thing that he hadn't yet consider before planning out his moves is what if Carla fell asleep on the passenger seat.