Chapter 12

"Ada, do you have any plans for Saturday?"

"I don't think I have any"

"I was thinking, maybe we could go out together this Saturday… you know, like a dat—"

"I'm sorry that's not possible" comes a half-hearted answer from her mouth before he could even finish his sentence.

"huh—why?" he asked, his fingers grazing the his blonde hair.

Come on, why do you have to be so confused about that?

Well, when you out of nowhere started a meaningless conversation with a person, then a minute later ask that person to go out on a date. That's quite bold. Also when she thinks about it.

It's actually kind of creepy.

So isn't there always a possibility of rejection from the beginning? There isn't a rule to accept every -invitation to go on a date.

Here I thought, the boys here would be less a moron than back there.

"I was just thinking, maybe we could get to know each other more. Uh—I would like to get to know you more, you see" he stammered, something that he doesn't usually do.

Poor guy.

"Ada? There you are" Helena appeared, her voice breaking the awkward situation.

"Eh? Krauser? What are you doing here? I'm not interrupting you guys or anything, am I?" She asked with the most innocent face she could make.

"Nope, we just finished talking anyway," Ada replied with a smile, "very well then, Krauser"

With that she left the now speechless guy there, and walked inside the building with Helena.

"That's the second one this week, isn't it?" Helena huffed, "just saying, the frequency is getting higher. You're not trying to reach a 'harem queen of the school' title or anything, aren't you?"

They both chuckled at that.

Helena Harper is an otaku. Ada had known her for more than a month now if she counts from the day she transferred. Somehow around that quite short time, Helena had succeed on planting those Japanese words in Ada's brain. She's optimistic she could handle an otaku phrase trivia by now.

"'Ada Wong the harem queen' sounds pretty cool to me" She said, winking one of her eyes to a freshman who was staring at them, the boy threw his gaze elsewhere and stumbled away.

"Suits you perfectly" Helena commented, the teen realized that Ada is walking a few steps behind.

"Go ahead, I'm going to eat lunch elsewhere" Ada spoke, looking at the brunette apologetically.

"There's no stopping you isn't it?"

Ada replied with a little smile, "It's okay, but thanks for your little help earlier,"- even though he's the one who should be thankful.

"It was nothing" Helena waved her off.

With that they parted ways.

Ever since Leon's video with her aired, the number of boy who fancy her keeps increasing. She never thought the video would be such a big deal, well she never thought that Leon is truly famous. She could only stared with both of her eyes wide open when Helena showed her the number of viewers that truth or dare video had gotten. It surpassed a million.

She remember how itchy her ears was when she heard the boys talked about her.

"The Wong girl is pretty cute isn't she?"