My Brother is Depressing

Anju POV.

Anju Tsukasa, 5 years old, thinks my big brother is a very depressing person.

Anju can't really remember what happened during the first five years that I had spent time with Onii-sama, but I the word I learnt from Mama to describe him is 'Depressing'.

My brother, two years older than me, is a prodigy in cooking-says Papa. I don't disagree, but I feel that Onii-sama is being burdened by something as of recently.

Climbing onto the Sofa, I sat beside my older brother as I quietly observed him.

Eishi Tsukasa, 7 years old, is my Older brother by two years. With eyes icy white, lashes long and rainy white hair that reaches up to his nape, Onii-sama looks like a girl. I'm quite worried for him if he's going to continue looking so pretty. I've heard female teachers complaining...about him stealing all the attention from the male teachers...Isn't it because of his talent?

Anyway, Onii-sama is someone who I look up to quite a lot. Being the one who teaches me how to speak in different languages, and being the one who helps me in different subjects' questions.

Papa and Mama are always busy, so Onii-sama is the only one I could rely on when the tutors are gone.

Next, let's talk about our humble home. The house we live in is quite extravagantly decorated, especially with my two parents as reknowned restaurants' head chefs and shareholders.

They have too much spare money.

My room is decorated like a princess' s, with a Vanity that I don't need to use yet ("You are going to need it someday"-Mama), a queen sized bed with frilly covers, all made with the finest silk-I like the material very much. Velvet flooring is used, and on a corner of my room, is a study table filled with colouring materials I had ordered from a art company my parents have connections to.

I love art, and one thing I really appreciate is how some food Onii-sama cooks can look so beautiful. Although Onii-sama's hands look so delicate and frail, I am very proud to say that he spends at least 6hours in the kitchen in a day! That's excluding the time he makes meals.

With Onii-sama's beautiful fingers, he takes note of the many intricate designs on some of the molten candy he makes. My personal favourite is the one he had made for my birthday last year, a minature him. It was really hard to give myself the motivation to eat it, and I didn't. I froze the candy and placed it in my room as decoration.

Hopefully he'll surprise me this year too...what am I even thinking? Of course he would.

Although I really love him, one trait I really want him to get rid off is his depression...Pessimism?

Yes, pessimism. Eishi Tsukasa is not only depressing. He's pessimistic too.

And I'm here to help him get into character..Well...hopefully. Ah, I'm getting depressed just by thinking about it.

I turn to my brother as he heaved a sigh...See? He's sighing again.

Me being me, I plopped onto his stomach and snuggled into his belly- which was covered by a layer of silk. His pajamas.

"Onii-sama, make Anju dinner!" I exclaimed.

My brother looked surprised for a moment. Soon after, a small sigh escaped from his mouth, and he stood up from the sofa, carefully carrying me to the kitchen table.

Placing me gently on the cushioned chair, Onii-sama headed to the kitchen after giving me a strict warning consisting of two words, " don't move ".

Hah...If only Onii-sama can be this strict when he's not cooking. He can be so specific about how we are arranged and seated, or how low the temperature is, but why does he not have any social abilities?

I fidgetting in my seat as I awaited to taste the delicacy that would be soon served on a silver platter embellished with detailed embroidery.

If a delicious meal is served on a stone bench, or with no plate, it would lose most of its appeal-says Papa.

My fingers were drumming against the table, playing a musical piece I've recently learnt, when a mouth-watering dish of Chicken Alfredo.

"Itadakimasu-" as I was about to bring down my fork immediately, Onii-sama stopped me and held my hand.

"This is best eaten like this." He explained as he positioned my hand in quite a weird manner, and scooped a generous amount of the pasta and fed me.

"Hng!" My eyes brightened as I savoured the creamy softness of the boiled pasta, combined with the melting ham in my mouth. I shivered as I devoured this divine dish, eyes sparkling as I identified each and every ingredient Onii-sama had used for cooking. The ham was cooked in perfect condition, best suited for my taste, and to top it all off, Onii-sama and arranged the dish such that it was pleasing to my eyes, with an additional garnish that was shaped into pink roses, the dish was marvelous! As expected from my brother, I could have expected nothing less!

Thoughout the whole process of eating, I had commented within each and every bite of the food, never once criticizing it negatively. And never did Onii-sama need to ask whether it was tasty or not. Whatever he prepare is heavenly, I promise.

Of course, I gave him some pointers on how he could make his dish more appealing, by using the pasta as stuffing in bread, and such other ideas.

"Gouchisousama-Deshita!" I exclaimed while sinking into the comfy chair.

The meal was filling, thank you very much, Onii-sama.

At the end of it all, Onii-sama had patted my head and complimented me for identifying all the ingredients used correctly.

"As expected from my Favourite Sister." He said with a gentle smile.

For a short moment, I was on cloud nine... until I remember that I am his only sister.

Onii-sama, please stop making me depressed with your misleading words.

.'.'.'.'.

End of chapter

The pairing for Tsukasa Anju is still undecided, so I'll just go with the flow, and suggestions along the way.

I'm not a very good food critic, so if any who have tried chicken Alfredo wants to edit that part of this chapter, feel free to comment :)

Author's note- This chapter is in Anju's POV, and take note that she's still 5, so she would call herself using her first name. Please don't be confused >~<

First few chapters would just be short interactions between young Anju and Eishi. School arc will still need some time to be mentioned. "Patience is virtue"