Passing thought

3rd person POV

It was just a passing thought.

A fleeting thought which had just passed Anju who was trying to get rid of the grim stuck onto her body.

What if Onii-sama had a girlfriend?

...

Anju slapped her cheeks in frustration, scolding herself for thinking about useless-

'But what if Onii-sama had a girlfriend?'

...

Hands pausing in their ministrations, Anju glanced at the shadow beyond the doors, eyes narrowing when she heard Rindo's hums.

Shaking her head, Anju continue to lather her hair in soap, trying to distract herself from the current topic.

'But if there was Megishima-sama...Who is to say that Onii-sama doesn't have a-'

Glancing at the moving shadow once again, Anju started to suspect Rindo of being Tsukasa's beloved.

A certain white head sneezed at the same moment.

"No, it can't be," muttering under her breath, Anju turned on the tap and allowed the water to pelt down on her sensitive skin.

She tried to clear her bad thoughts by shaking her head, but the thought of her brother having a girlfriend was stuck on her mind no matter what she did.

Distracted, Anju spent her entire showering time thinking about Onii-sama's girlfriend.

.'.'.'.

"You sure took your time, Anju-chan." Rindo patted the younger girl on the head, grinning as she noticed how flushed the little girl was- she had stayed in the showers for too long.

And then the strangest thing happened.

Anju turned her head mechanically upwards, shaking tremendously, eyes not even looking at her, but somehow Rindo still knew she was the reason to it somehow.

"T-There's n-no such t-thing as t-taking my time!" Anju defended with much vigour, making Rindo raise her eyebrows to the younger girl's strange talking.

"Huh?" Rindo blinked, wishing that she had brought her camera into the bathroom. Anju's face was priceless!

"Y-You fiend! I had trusted you, but you actually went behind my back an-and d-d-dated Onii-sama!" pointing a finger towards Rindo, Anju huffed with her red face, eyes twirling as she stammered on her words.

"Huh???"

Rindo Kobayashi could not believe her ears! Her? dating Tsukasa?

How can this girl even think of such blasphemy?

"How did you even- Why would you even-Argh! Anju- Are you even thinking straight?" Rindo folded her arms and stared at the seemingly menacing girl.('Seemingly' because Anju's confused and scared face was not doing a good job to scare anyone.)

Sighing, Rindo really regretted not bringing in her camera. The sight of Anju trembling while trying to act tough was really cute.

"If anything, I'd go for you instead of that emotionless guy." Rindo waved her hand, dismissing the entire idea of her and Tsukasa dating, easily. If she were to deny it, it would make it seem like something was actually happening.

"M-Me?" Collecting her thoughts, Anju quickly wrapped her arms around herself, eyes warily looking at the predator-like eyes Rindo was looking at her with.

"Yup, you. Seriously, how did you even come up with that idea? I mean, sure I tease him every time I see him, but you of all people should know I'm just doing it for fun." Rindo unfolded her arms and placed one hand on her hip while the other was left dangling by her side.

All in all, Rindo made a very imposing figure. Even more so than Anju when angry.

"B-Because...there was Megishima-sama, and then we are the only known females Onii-sama spends his time with...Unless there was a secret lover somewhere-"

Having enough with the idiot's rant, Rindo gave a head-chop to the little girl, hoping for once the girl gets injured because of her.

"Now, Anju-chan, see here. I have absolutely zero interest in your Onii-sama other than his cooking, and even more so for your dear Onii-sama. I doubt he had any interest in girls. Calm down. You are letting yourself get delusion, you brother-complex. I'm in the same class as your brother, and never have I seen him talk to a girl before. Cooking is all that guy thinks about. Well, cooking and you." Rindo tried to convince her friend that her brother wasn't seeing anyone, and no, he had no secret lovers or anything.

"So, Onii-sama is still single?" Clutching the spot where Rindo had injured her, Anju directed hopeful and sparkly eyes towards the older girl, making Rindo sweat-drop at her earnest expression.

"That's a harsh way to put it, but yeah. He is." Rindo suddenly felt something akin pity for Tsukasa, thinking of how he would never get a proper girlfriend if that's how Anju behaved with a delusional one.

But then, can that boy even get a girlfriend when his mind was filled with cooking?

'Nah, don't think so.' Rindo shook her head in sympathy, relating to the cooking-otaku as she herself had no interest in Romance or anything else.

"Phew," sighing as she patted herself on her chest, Anju felt as if a burden was lifted on her shoulders-a huge burden.

"So it's only Megishima-sama." Anju's eyes took on a suspicious gleam as she stared off to space, face displaying everything she was planning about.

"Good luck, Megishima," said Rindo as she prayed nothing gets destroyed by Anju's love for her brother.

A certain black-haired individual sneezed.

.'.'.'.

"Did you catch it from me?" Tsukasa handed a pack of tissue to Megishima, his other hand holding one for himself.

"I don't think so," replied the large built male as he sneezed again without restraint.

The whole hallway was stunned into silence by his loud sneeze, many eyes turned to their direction in annoyance. Though, when females saw Eishi Tsukasa-the most popular 5th grader-, and when males saw Tosuke Megishima-the strongest 5th grader-, they immediately kept silence and didn't question anything lest they offended the famous duo.

"Hmm... You can keep that pack of tissue. " Eishi said as he turned back to face the blackboard.

"Thanks."

And no other words were exchanged between them. Their surrounding seat-mates sweat-dropped at their conversation, wondering if they were really friends.