Nao Sadatsuka

Anju's POV

"Anju Tsukasa! You, young lady, are very late for class." 

Wincing at the teacher's harsh tone, I bowed my head in shame, praying to all gods that my tardiness would not affect Onii-sama's unstained reputation.

Here in Tootsuki's Elementary Academy, it is of no secret of how Eishi Tsukasa was the most popular person in school.

Not only did he have the looks, he had the skills.

Everyone could tell how successful Onii-sama is. Even the stuck up teachers and staff members. I'm certain that when Onii-sama attends Tootsuki High, he would be presented with the first seat of the famed Elite Ten.

And I can't wait for that day to come. Though, I probably won't be attending the prominent school. After all, my forte isn't in cooking. It was in making sweets.

Moreover, Erina is the granddaughter of the board chairman. I would hear no ends to her bragging if I attended the Academy with next to zero skills. 

"I apologize for my late coming. I'd be sure to not make the same offence again." I bowed a 90 degree bow, most likely shocking the teacher into silence. But then again, teachers wouldn't normally receive a perfect bow from a 3rd grader as apology.

"J-Just make sure to not do it again. Go to your seat." 

"Yes, sensei." I nodded my head as I leisurely strolled to my seat, unwilling to feel any more flustered than I originally am. If I show my disgraceful sight, these 3rd graders would no doubt spread rumours around like wildfire.

When he made sure that I had taken my seat, the Hoizumi-sensei continued to explain how the texture of fruit would affect the parfait it is used as an ingredient in.

"Welcome back, Tsukasa-san. Did you bring it?" A girl with bangs flowing down all the way to her collar said, leaning closer to me as she dangled a few pieces of blank paper in front of my face.

My eyes twinkled in glee, hands immediately fishing for the 'it' the girl mentioned. I placed the folder on the table, eyes glancing to the distracted teacher, checking if anyone were listening in to our conversation. Without any words, we exchanged our items swiftly, at the same time checking for any defaults in them.

"Here. After the long holiday you were excused to, I had been been eager to know of how many pictures you had collected from the Nakiri household."

"As did I. Although I was excused from school, Onii-sama who had exams nearing could not make it for the visit to the Nakiri family, missing it entirely. Even if he couldn't help me take note of it, you could. I'm glad I have a friend like you." I smiled at the pictures I received from her, heart fluttering as my eyes hungrily devoured Momo Akanegakubo's daily schedule.

I peeked at my accomplice-'friend', smirking as I took notice of how joyous she was to receive more pictures of her favourite Nakiri Erina. But really, what is there to like about that mean girl other than her cooking? The month away from school was hell. Hell I say.

Onii-sama was unable to accompany me, leaving me with a loud chatter mouth(Erina) right beside me everyday. I have absolutely no idea how I had stood her boasting during my one month stay at the Nakiri mansion. If Erina-sama actually shuts her pretty mouth, I might have been pretty good friends with her. But noo, she had to come find me every single day, drag me out of my comfortable bed, and proceed to challenge me on our taste buds.

Thinking of it just makes me irritated. But thanks to her, I had the honour to sample various confectioneries from different named restaurants 

And then there was Alice-sama.

As if one Nakiri wasn't enough, Alice-sama had dragged me out to this shady restaurant, arguing with one of the workers, afterwards challenging this worker named Ryo Kurokiba. That, that made me sick of eating.

Watching Alice-sama and a weird boy battle over who's food was better, everyday, was interesting to say the least. Especially since I was dragged into being one of the judges.I had the luxury to eat food prepared by the two talented cooks, but it became quite hard to stomach the food when they reached the 20th battle. As expected, Alice had won every round so far, however, since I had to come back to Japan for my studies, I wouldn't know what the results would be like. Kurokiba-sama seemed really eager to defeat Alice-sama.

In the morning, I would be dragged out to sample dishes from Alice-sama and Kurokiba-sama's battle. In the afternoon, I would be forced to judge various dishes and compare who makes the better judgement-me or Erina-sama. At night, I would be invited to dine with the Nakiri family, eating many delicacies. It was needless to say I was traumatized by my trip to Denmark.

Although I might just go again to visit Alice-sama and Kurokiba-sama (Erina is not included in the equation), I would, to my utmost ability decline any more feeding by the Nakiri family.

But anyway, this young lady sure knows how to stalk- I mean follow someone closely.

Though I pride myself in my stalkin-following skills, this girl does it as if she's painting an artpiece!

Every single details, from what time Momo-sama sets her alarm clock, to which brand of shampoo she had used that day, was written down by this girl who has admirable following skills.

Nao Sadatsuka-sama. You have my appreciation and commendation.

I sneakily gave her a thumbs up, eyes still glued towards the few photos she had took as an 'extra service'.

Oh, Momo-sama you are such a divine being!

"As expected from you, Tsukasa-san. You took so much high quality photos! There's even one with her sleeping face!" Although she is whispering really softly, I could tell that Sadatsuka-sama was really pleased with her share of pictures.

"No, no. Don't flatter me so much. More than that, Sadatsuka-sama really has overdone yourself in collecting these information! You really deserve my praise!" 

Sadatsuka Nao, my seat-mate since we were both first graders, allowed herself to basked in my praises while I did the same. After we had coincidentally found out about each others' interests, we had a give-and-take relationship which makes people double take sometimes. Most people think that we are good friends, and although we are friends, the theme to describe us would more likely be 'birds of the same feather'.

Since we had accepted each others' help in following people; her helping me with her great skills and I helping her since Erina didn't attend Tootsuki Elementary, we had established a very diplomatic relationship.

Both of us would await each others' information on the target and on the day of exchange, we would sneakily exchange the 'goods'.

Without the teacher noticing, the both of us attract many curious glances from our classmates every single week.

.'.'.'.

End of chapter

A/N - Well, it's not that Anju really hates Erina. She respects her to some degree, but she hates Erina's stuck-up personality and still has a grudge over the closing of her favourite sweets shop. Other than that, she and Erina actually get along very well.(This is proven by how Anju allowed Erina to drag her to random places even though she complained a lot.) And the romance is still in the very far future. 

Next chapter would be about Anju's obsession over Akanegakubo Momo.