Thank you, Rindo-sama

Anju POV.

Anju Tsukasa, still 9, is having the best day of her life!

Forget about Onii-sama, Forget about Megishima-sama.

I just have to concentrate on making the dish Rindo-sama had appointed me to prepare.

...

"Kyaaa!" I let out a scream as Rindo-sama sama threw a packet of flour towards me.

...we were suppose to prepare a dish to let my mind off somewhere else, but one way or another, it became a food(ingredient) fight.

"Hahahaha!" Came Rindo-sama's laughter as she appreciated the appearance of my flour covered self.

Coughing as the white powder surrounded me, I threw a nasty grin at Rindo-sama and grabbed a couple of eggs.

Flunking the eggs at her, I gave a battle cry. "Take this!"

"MISS!" Rindo-sama dodge with great efficiency as she crackled with laughter.

Holding my stomach, I did too.

"What are you two doing?!"  Our laughters stopped promptly when an instructor- more specifically, our cooking instructor, barged into the room.

I immediately looked towards Rindo-sama and saw her counting down under her breath.

"You girls! What disaster did you even-"

"RUN!!!!" Rindo-sama's piercing shout caught the instructor off guard as we slide passed him and got away.

I panted as I supported myself against the cold wall.

"Hah...hah...That was..." I stuggled to form sentences.

"Awesome, right? " I look up to see her arrogant smirk as she folded her arms against her chest, towering over me.

"Isn't someone being haughty?" I pointed my nose upwards and mimicked her position.

...

"Pfft-"

"Hahahaha-"

We broke into giggles and by then, Onii-sama had already been at the back of my mind...

If it wasn't for a certain rude fangirl who had a very bad sense of timing.

"Erm... Anju-sama, may I ask where Eishi-sama is located?" A classmate of mine, Sumire Sakamoto, asked me shyly; fingers entwined together behind her back, large eyes sparkling under her blonde bangs as she fidget nervously with my increasing hostility...Or maybe it's because of the nasty smell I carried from the mess.

Before I could give her a rude remark, someone else had already taken the honour.

"Why would you think she would tell you?" Exactly what I had been thinking.

"Eh?" The girl's face showed obvious surprise when she heard not the location of my brother being announced, but the voice the another female.

"Why would you think she would tell you? It's not like she knows you, right Anju?" Rindo-sama turned to me for confirmation.

Hesitantly, I nodded. Some parts of me were feeling bad for the awkward girl that stood in front of me, but to be very honest, why would I tell a stranger where my brother is?

The girl in front of me, I suspect, had assumed that I would have just told her Onii-sama's whereabouts, and since the plan went off the tangent, she was at a dilemma.

Would she run away, or continue to implore for Onii-sama's location?

She did the latter, much to my annoyance.

"Erm, Anju-sama..?" I surpressed a grimace as she disregarded Rindo-sama completely and focused on me.

"I...am quite close with your brother, if you didn't know. So I had just wanted to, erm.. spend time with him?"

"Unfortunately for you, Onii-sama is busy spending time with his real friend. I don't think he'll allow you to spend time with him when he don't even know you." I knew I had went a bit overboard with giving the girl a reality check, but I needed to vent my anger off someone. And she was the perfect victim.

"I'm sorry for being harsh, but it's the truth." I bowed with two hands clasped together at my thighs.

Giving the petrified girl an unimpressed stare, I strutted off.

Behind me came Rindo-sama's mocking statement. "You do know that Miss Tsukasa here has already memorized the whole student body's biography don't you?"

Sumire-sama averted her eyes in shame, head bowed and cheeks flushed.

So she knew.

"You knew yet you lied to her about Eishi and your relationship." Rindo-sama twirled a strand of fiery hair that lied against her shoulders. I had to contain my laughter when Rindo-sama finally remembered how her hair was filled with eye yolk.

Her eyes narrowed in undisguised disgust and from how the other girl flinched, she must had thought that the narrowing of eyes had been directed at her.

"Anju-chan isn't so cheap!" Rindo announced to the trembling girl.

...Rindo-sama, thank you for the compliment(?), but I think you have chosen the wrong adjective.

I sighed and shook my head as I continue my escape, away from the two that's causing a scene and attracting a crowd.

With every step I took, a squelch accompanied me. I grimaced and peered down at my slimey school shoes.

The original black polished shoes are now dyed in disgusting yellow and transparent goe.

Hastening my pace, I headed to the school showers.  I really need a shower now.