Chapter 8- Miss Atomic Bomb

December 23rd, 1999

Las Vegas, Nevada

Allie's POV~

I had a sick feeling that the baby was Brandon's. If I had been anyone else's, I wouldn't give a second thought to having an abortion. I was only four months along anyway. But it was Brandon's.

Tonight I was a classic Vegas showgirl. With Christmas coming around, I've been in demand, performing in shows all over the strip. The kinds of shows where I didn't have to actually strip were the best, although I had only done a few of those. It's a tough business, but it keeps me and my sick mother going.

I was backstage in a fluorescent dressing room, putting on a pink two piece costume. The bump wasn't that that noticeable, and I planned to keep it as discreet as possible. What the hell am I going to do when I'm eight months along, and there's no denying that there's something inside of me? I'll have to lean on Brandon if he wants me to keep this thing. Or baby. Whatever it is. He still has no idea. We've been talking less and less. I'm going to have to let him know what has been going on. Maybe he'll agree to an abortion. That would be make my life a whole lot easier. No one has to know right? It would be quick and painless. At least that's what they say.

~ the next morning ~

I wake up in the small studio apartment that I share with my mother about a mile away from the Sahara hotel.

I grabbed my cell phone and took myself out to the balcony, needing some privacy. I had Brandon's number memorized. Taking a deep breath, I dialed the familiar digits and waited. Despite the way he thought I was treating him, it only took him two rings to answer.

"Hello?" He asked in that sweet, subtle accent.

"I need to talk to you."

"Can I meet you before work? In front of that record store."

"That sounds good. I don't have anything lined up today."

"You mean anyone," he scoffed the phone, and then hung up.

I rolled my eyes and grabbed my old leather jacket. A gift from an old client.
The one that caused Brandon to lose his mind and storm away.

~

"Hey," i breathed as I walked over to him and kisses him on the cheek. He pulled away.

"No Allie. What did you need to talk to me about?" He asks this is the firmest voice he can manage.

"Do you remember that hot night where we rode your motorcycle through the desert? And then what we did after?"

"How could I forget?" He scoffed, rocking back and forth with his hands in his pockets.

I decided to just put it out there. Maybe it would be a good thing, like ripping off a bandaid.

"I'm pregnant."

He seemed a bit taken aback as he stared at me in shock, his brown eyes wide.

"And how do you know it's my baby?"

"We did it back in September. And I went to the doctor and I'm showing all the signs for four months. We both know that whatever we had is never going to become a reality, so we both aren't ready to have this baby."

"You don't know that." He replied angrily, clearly getting pissed.

"I do know that it is your baby. And I know that we cannot have it. So I wanted to ask you if you would be okay with me getting an abortion."

"If it is my baby, I'm not allowing this to happen."

"Brandon I can't have this baby! It would ruin my career!"

"You call sleeping with old men and prancing around a career?! You should have thought about this before you just gave yourself to me. I didn't know what you really did when it happened. I thought you were just a dancer- a performer. This baby shouldn't have to suffer because of our actions."

I couldn't believe he was putting this all on me. It takes two to tango.

"I shouldn't have even told you. I'm going to that Planned Parenthood today and you're not going to stop me. I would have to carry this baby for five more months! Not you! It's my choice!!"

"You're not taking my baby from me. I don't give a crap what you choose to do after it's born. I'll raise the baby. It's not your choice. I'll give you money to get on without doing your disgusting shows before this baby is born. But I am not going to stand by and allow this to happens."

"You better have a lot of money put away for me. And I don't want to have anything to do with this child of yours. As soon as it's out, it's all yours."

"Good. Let me know when you need to stop working. I would hate to ruin your reputation."

Out of some respect, I decided to just go through with this. I still cared about the boy with the eager eyes.

"I'll see you later then."

Thanks anyone who read this!! I hope you enjoyed the flashback and got some background of Ruby's character. Please let me know what you think!!