Chapter Seven

(You'll be in Evellynn's POV later on so keep in mind that she's two and she thinks like talks. Aka the words will be misspelled (mispronounced) so figure it out LOL)

Ponyboy's POV

After the park, Evellynn was pooped out. She is laying across my lap right now, totally out cold. I myself wanted to pass out to but I knew I had work soon. Darry and Soda were both working tonight to, they left about ten minutes ago. Twobit isn't gonna be here either, he has a date tonight. I don't really know her so much. Twobit and her have been dating for a little over a month but I don't think it's going to turn into anything serious in my opinion though. Her name is...I can't really remember but it's close to Emilio..... Wait! Emilia. Her name is Emilia and she's a year younger than Twobit. That's all I know about her. Oh and that she's a greaser. But that's obvious because Twobit would never date a socs.

Anyways, to be honest, I'm worried about leaving Evellynn with only Steve. I mean... I trust him and I know he wouldn't do anything stupid enough to hurt her but Evellynn a little sneaky and she can probably get him to give her anything or buy her anything. I shouldn't be worrying though... Actually... maybe I should. Evellynn woke up and stretched then looked at me with the "Dally glare" she always gives me and always reminds me of the way Dally would look at me whenever I came across him. Everything about her reminds me of him.

"Hia." She giggled her own giggle. It was like she was two people. One, that gives me the Dally stare that makes my heart skip a beat and then the cute adorable Evellynn that wouldn't hurt a fly. Well she might, but it's only because she's curious.

"You have a good nap?" I asked her.

"Yess."

"That's good." I lifted her up off of me so I could get up. I had to be at work soon and I had to walk because I ain't got a car yet (Or my driver's licence); so I had to get ready.

"Where you go?"

"I'm going to work. Steve is gonna watch over you tonight."

"Me go work with yew?" She followed me to my room where I took of my shirt that I was wearing and changed it with my uniform shirt. I didn't need to wear uniform pants though, just shirt, my own jeans and the hat.

"No, you can't." I fixed my hat on my head, it was too big for my head...it kept falling off.

"Whyyyy." She whined.

"Because I just can't." I picked her up and gave her a kiss on the cheek then put her back down. "I'll see you later Princess."

"Nooo, noo leave." She stood ground, folded her arms and puckered her lips into a pout.

"You'll be fine, you'll have lots of fun with Steve." I blew her a kiss then closed the door before I thought she would run out, then headed off to work.

Evellynn's POV

Pony weave me! He weave! Why he weave me, no nice to weave me! Stevey here but I want pway wif Pony.

"Evellynn." Stevey called my name. What he want?

"Whut?"

"I know you're upset about Ponyboy leaving but we can have fun too. Right?"

"No."

"Yes we can. Let's play....hide and go seek!" Stevey said. He oways want pway hide and sheek but he no find me. I good hider.

"Otay!"

"But you count and I hide. Okay?"

"No know how to count..."