Lunch

The next two days were more of the same thing, I shuffled home with bruises late this Friday night.
'Finally a weekend off.' I thought as I tossed my bag on the wooden floor and plopped down on my couch and turned on the tv. I reached to take out my phone from my back pocket and started looking through Instagram, scrolling through and liking pictures of puppies, landscapes, and fat cats.

Bo jumped on the couch next to me and laid her head on my lap, which I absent-mindedly started stroking while I did what I told myself so many times I wouldn't do:
Looked through Sebastian's profile.
I'm a horrible, weak person, I don't even know why, it's not like I still love him. Maybe out of habbit, maybe because I haven't truly let go?
I went through random pictures, one here and there of his new girlfriend, I'm happy for them...

I shrugged it off and found myself snooping elsewhere, yeah you know where.
Tree at night,
Tree in the day,
Desert storm,
Bunny and dog,
Dog,
Beard and fluff he calls hair,
Flag,
Doughnuts,
My face,
Helicopter,
.......
I went back up and saw a smiling Wylda standing on her bed with a huge ass smile and posters everywhere.
"He was not kidding." I said out loud.
I continued scrolling like the nosy, out of control, monster that I am.

Until finally: Sam.

This is just sad,  he's been back in my life for less than a week, and I'm already confused. I tossed my phone to the side and must have knocked out.

▃▃▃

I woke up thanks to my ring tone. I looked around in confusion and saw it laying face down on the rug.
I lazily crawled on my hands and knees to get it. I picked it up in my right hand and went to stand up, hitting my head on a small table near my couch.
It was a loud thud, several items on the table rolled off with more loud clatters.

"Son of a-" I groaned in surrender, staying on the floor.
"Hello?" I answered groggily as I rubbed my head with my left hand.

"Hey, I was wondering if we were still on for lunch."  I heard Aaron say.

"No, yeah, yeah." I said looking at my hand, checking for blood.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Sorry, yeah.  I uh just woke up and then decided to hit my head on a table." I replied as I got up.

"You hit your head.... on a table.. because..?" He said.

"Obviously not on purpose, smart." I said.

"You just woke up?" He asked in his usual annoying tone, "You know it's almost noon right?"

"No it's not." I said looking at my watch, 11:43, "Shit." I just heard him laughing.
"Where are we meeting?" I asked.

"We'll just come to you, try not to die before we get there. " he chuckled.

"No promises. " I said before hanging up. I went straight to the bathroom, taking a shower, getting dressed, and hastily combing my wet hair. I walked back to the living room to find my boots, I sat on the couch and slipped them on, checking the time on my phone.
Just in time.
I heard the doorbell ring once, Bo stood up on the couch, jumping down excitedly and running to the door. I put my phone back in my pocket and walked to the door, the heel of my boots on the wooden floor filling the silence along with Bo's scratching at the door.

I opened the door to find Aaron looking down at Wylda clutching his right leg with a shy smile and Romy in his arms.

"Hi!" I smiled. She just clutched to his leg harder and hid her face while Aaron put his hand on her head.