Chapter 0 - Demyx

Demyx

A/N: Hey everyone! Thank you for reading =) Make sure you read the other prologue for info and Zexion and Axel's story and finish this chapter or else some things won't make sense later on. Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Edym, sweetie it's okay. No need to be afraid. I promise there's nothing horrible in the water." You said, pulling his hand as you walked down the dock. "Trust me, you're going to be fine." You tossed your hair over your shoulder, then tugged on the few strands framing his face. "Then tomorrow we'll give you a haircut."

"Hey I like my mullet!" Edym said, playfully swatting your hand away. "What about you?"

"I just got a haircut yesterday!" You said, pouting. "Didn't even notice..."

He jumped and rubbed the back of his neck guiltily. "I noticed!" He noticed your distrusting look and nodded enthusiastically. "I did, honest! I—well, I noticed cause it showed more of your pretty face..."

You stared at him.

He sighed. "It was a good effort, right?"

"You tried. Flattery will get you nowhere but on this boat!" You explained stubbornly. "Now stop trying to change the subject." You saw the unease in his face but you were not budging. You need to get over this fear, Edym. It happened a year ago. I'm going to help you if it's the last thing I do!

***

[Edym's POV]

Please no. Please god no.

"Hey there buddy!"

Shit

Edym smiled sheepishly and waved with one hand while the other rubbed the back of his neck, a bad habit he developed whenever he was uncomfortable. "Hey guys, how're ya doin'?" Before they could get too close he quickly put his sitar in its case and pushed it a little behind him.

Setzer and Shantotto walked down the pier as Edym's stomach lurched. Edym looked around, seeing his only escape was jumping into the water and he wasn't that desperate.

"'Sup, Dym-Dym?" he said, clapping Edym on the shoulder much harder than necessary, causing him to stumble forward.

"Um, nothing."

"That is what your head is full of mostly isn't it?" Shantotto said, sneering. "You were staring off into space, idiot."

Edym sighed. Her rhymes made him seriously consider jumping into the water despite not being able to swim. "Well, I dunno. Maybe. Sure."

"Come on Dim-Dim what are you doing here anyway?"

"Uh," he said, uncomfortable. "I just wanted to hang out by the water... You know, do some yoga, play my sitar and stuff..." He smiled slightly, thinking about how much he loved to just sit there listening to the waves.

Shantotto's laughter burst through his thoughts. "Yoga? Music? Why on earth would you waste your time on that? Focus on actual useful things: not music and art, but magic and facts!"

Edym frowned, wanting to contradict her but he couldn't muster up the courage. Plus the less she talked, the less rhymes he would have to hear. He slumped his shoulders. "Yeah I guess. I just like chilling, it helps me relax and think about life."

Shantotto grinned. "Oh really? What do you think about? Your failure at academics, your crippling self-doubt?"

He winced. He dropped out of school earlier this year; he just couldn't pay attention in class. He tried, damn how he tried, but it just wasn't for him. He felt his face heating up and scratched his head. "I dunno..." He couldn't admit to them that he comes here early in the morning to do yoga, play his music, and work on his horribly low self-confidence, now could he? I mean, she already just pointed it out.