Chapter 10 - Olympus Coliseum III

A/N:

Happy Happy Halloween! Thank you to everyone who has been reading so far! Please read both sync results =)

Enjoy! <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You turned around to see a tall blue man with his head on fire.

"Wow," was all you could say.

He looked up. "What, something on my head?" He patted it and smoothed out the flames before they shot back up again. "Hades, Ruler of the Underworld, Lord of the Dead, yadda yadda."

"Uh, nice to meet you," Naminé said politely, though you could tell she was trying not to stare at his head.

He gave you all a humorless grin. "Pleasure. Now, Zacky-poo, what are you doing here loaning out my witches? I mean, I know it's been a while since you've gotten some action but you had no right."

Zack turned the slightest bit pink. "Sorry Hades, they wandered down here and I wanted to help."

"And what help exactly were they looking for?"

"Well," you said, stepping up apprehensively. "I was wondering if there was anyone from my past down here."

"Eventually, everyone ends up here so I'm sure if you waited long enough sooner or later they'll show up," he said slyly.

"She doesn't remember her past," Zack said. "And honestly, The Fates didn't really clear anything up..."

He nodded thoughtfully. "Well... Yeah, can't argue with you there."
He shook his head, coming back to the matter at hand. "Well, ladies, your options are to either sell your soul here as payment for using my witches, or I can just throw you in the river of death. How's that?"

"Um, no?" Kairi said.

Hades cracked his knuckles. "Welp, looks like we're gonna have a bit of a problem here." He put his fingers to his lips and whistled.

"Shit," Zack said. He looked to you three. "Run!"

You didn't need any more instructions than that so you ran towards the exit as fast as you could, Kairi and Naminé close on your heels. You looked back and saw Zack running backwards to shield you guys from rear attacks—which caused you to run directly into the three-headed dog's leg.

"Ahh, Cerberus! My wonderful pet. Look! Dinner," Hades said, a sinister grin on his face.

You gasped and barely jumped out of the way before one of the heads took off a leg. Kairi and Naminé had already skirted through and started running in opposite directions to confuse the beast. "Kairi, Naminé! Get to the gummi ship and I'll meet you there!" You quickly got back up as you directed them and ran through its legs, Zack on the other side.

"You can run all you want Zack, but you know the truth!" Hades called. You were about to ask what he meant but Hades snapped his fingers and suddenly Heartless appeared.

You summoned your poi and looked ahead to see Kairi and Naminé way ahead of you, about to enter the twisting caverns. Kairi was now shielding Naminé with her Keyblade while Naminé did her best to guide them the right way.

"Zack, come on!" you shouted to him. He looked back quickly at Hades before bolting to catch up to you.

"Follow me!" he shouted as he took out a few Heartless in your paths. You tailed him as he deftly navigated through the twisting cavern. You were protecting his sides and behind you while he continued to mow a clearing until you were at the Underworld entrance.