A Message

"Wait...that world was filled with darkness?" I asked in confusion, not believing the story Kairi had told me. She nodded her her head, a frown on her face.

"Sadly, it's true," Kairi replied. "Not long after you had disappeared, everything changed." My eyes widened at her words. 

"So, you were also native to that land as well?" the sorcerer inquired. He had been sitting in the large chair when I had first entered the room. This was his tower. I shook my head in response to his question, but another thought popped into my mind. Right after I left? That's just like when my home was destroyed after I left...am I the source of all this chaos?

"What happened to you?" I wondered, not wanting the idea to linger on my mind. "If that world became corrupt, and everyone was taken over by the darkness, why did you survive? Where did you go?"

"I...I just heard ocean waves, and felt the warm, tropical breeze blowing," Kairi said, her eyes becoming cloudy. "Then, a voice. Someone called out to me, and it was as if the life I lived before was just a dream."

"No," I muttered. "Not a dream, but a-"

"Forgotten memory."

I felt a pulse of  pain in the back of my mind, causing me to fall to my knees. That voice...it seems so familiar, but where have I heard it?

"Haku?" Kairi asked, dropping down so we were at eye-level. "Are you okay?"

"Y-yeah," I said through clenched teeth, rubbing the back of my head to ease the pain.

"Are you sure?"

"Couldn't be better, see?" I smiled at her, showing that I was perfectly fine. Yet, on the inside, my heart was pounding, blood rushing through my veins to carry oxygen to my lungs. Why am I suddenly so...nervous? No, that's not the right word...

Anxious?

"So, you've been living on a different world all this time?" I asked, trying to distract her from my fall. Kairi nodded her head.

"Yeah, and I met a few people there. They've all become my friends, but two in particular are the ones who've been with me ever since I arrived there."

"Oh, really?" I asked, a weird feeling in my chest. It makes sense that she moved on. I'm still her friend, though, so why does it hurt? She remembered me; I should be grateful for at least that.

"Yeah, two boys. One of them reminds me of you, a little," Kairi said, giggling. "His name is Sora."

Sora?

Why does that name sound so familiar?

"Sora. The wielder of the Keyblade. The saver of worlds. The one who has touched so many hearts."

My eyes widened at the words that were whispered into my mind. It sounded like a girl, but I still couldn't picture her identity. 

"You must find him. I have tried my very best to restore his memories, but he cannot seem to remember the ones essential to ending this war. Please, use your power to help him, for you are the piece to saving Kingdom Hearts. Then, will you know the truth about who you are. I'll be waiting, Haku."

"Haku? Haku!" 

I looked up to see Kairi was shaking my shoulders, trying to grab my attention. 

"Y-yeah?" I asked. Why was she shouting?

"Why weren't you answering me? You had zoned out on me, and I got worried after a few minutes passed."

"A few minutes? I thought it was just a few seconds," I muttered, shaking my head.

"What happened?"

"I...I have to find him. I have to find Sora."