Chapter Five

Chapter Five

“I CAN'T WAIT 'TILL tomorrow!” Lindsey squealed as I stepped out of the convertible.

She was waiting for me by the curb, Damien standing next to her.

I rolled my eyes at her and she slapped my arm. I rubbed it dramatically when Damien asked, “What happened to your arm?”

I glanced down at my cut and mentally slapped my self for forgetting to cover it. I had given the gauze to Cody for his head.

I sighed heavily and shrugged. “I cut myself,”

“But it's swollen!” Lindsey exclaimed, finally noticing my injury.

I peered down and saw she was right. Man, werewolf cuts really don't heal fast.

“It's also not a big deal,” I snapped.

They're faces were filled with concern and sadness.

I immediately felt bad for snapping and muttered sorry as I trudged off to my locker.

Punching in my combination, I took out my shoved my Hollister sweatshirt in it.

I whirled around when someone grabbed my ass.

I came face to face with the head of the rugby team, Zack Evans. He placed both hands near my shoulders, caging me in. His black hair fell into his black eyes. Those eyes were lifeless, like you could get sucked in...

His hand snaking around to my backside snapped me out of his intense stare.

He brought his mouth to my left ear and in a husky whisper said, “Hey baby. Whadya say me and you skip class for a little vacay?”

His chilling breath sent chills down my spine. I placed my palms on his chest---he was freezing--- ready to push him away, but his chilling hands wrapped around my wrists, enabling them to move. I turned my head away so he couldn't see my face.

Just then, Jace and Rix just rounded the corner and as soon as Jace saw me and my little 'situation', he stopped in his tracks. Rix cocked his head and stopped too, taking in the scene.

I turned to Zack again and leaned in near his ear. He smelled strongly of mint. “Don't you ever touch me again, m'kay?”

With that, I pried my hands from his hold and gave him a shove he obviously wasn't expecting. I headed towards Jace and Rix, not tossing a look behind my shoulder at Zack.

I approached my friends and smiled, pretending that situation never happened.

“What was all that about?” Rix asked.

I shrugged, carefully placing my injured arm out of sight.

“Well, you better figure it out, cause he's heading towards us...”

I wheeled around and came face-to-face with Zack again.

I backed up, uncomfortable with him being close again, and hit a wall. I rolled my eyes when he smirked at me, his eyes still full of emptiness. The bell than rang, and I thankfully turned to walk away, but he grabbed my injured arm. I stifled a gasp and my cut stung, his tight grasp breaking open the scabbed skin.

“I told you not to touch me,” I hissed, carefully avoided his gaze.

“Whats that, baby?”

“I said,” I said, lifting my gaze to meet his. I glared at him hard. “I told you not to touch me.”

He smirked, and he again snaked his arm around my waist again, pulling me toward him. From the corner of my eye I could see Jace's hand slowly curling into a tight fist.