Chapter Six

Chapter Six

“WHAT ARE YOU GOING to tell your parents?” Jace asked.

I shrugged. “I'm not going to. A little makeup could cover the cut easily.”

Jace let out a breath. “Fine. I would argue, but I know its useless against you.”

I grinned while I opened the car door. I said bye to Jace and skipped to my house, opening the door. It was only 5 o'clock and my dad and Mason aren't gonna be here till six. I might as well go check on Cody, then.

I caught a glimpse of the phone number on my hand, surprised no one noticed it. Mentally shrugging, I plucked my iPhone from my pocket and punched in Hades's number, saving it to my contacts.

I decided to text him. I mean, it wouldn't hurt anything.

Hey God of Hell. It's Ryder.

Seconds later I got his reply.

Hey you. You still need a ride to that party?

That reminds me... I needed to call Macy. Frantically punching in her number I know by heart, she answered on first ring.

“Hey chica.”

“Hey Macy,” I laughed. “You landed already, right?”

“Yuppers. Got off the plane an hour or so ago. We're checking out out new house now.”

“Good. Well, there's a party this weekend at my friend's house and—”

Yes!

I laughed at her squeaky voice. “Alright, well I guess you could come over at 5 on Friday to get ready... I got a ride and everything,”

“Oh-em-gee Ryder! My first L.A party!”

I just shook my head and snickered at her excitement.

“Oh! My dad and your dad supposedly planned dinner tonight at your place. I guess we'll be there at 7!”

With that, the line went dead.

Sucking in a breath, I answered Hades.

Yup, a ride sounds nice.

I gave him my address and said I had to go. Now, time to get Cody.

I flew out into the backyard and into the trees, stopping at a shed a couple feet into the thin trees. I hesitantly walked up to it and knocked, hoping he was there.

On cue, the door flew open and out came a grinning Cody.

“You like it here, huh?”

He nodded vigorously, still smiling. “Yup! It's pretty—whoa, what happened to your neck?”

I grimaced, mentally slapping myself for forgetting the makeup. “Uh.. I—I don't really mix with knives,” I mumbled, playing with my fingers.

He muttered something that sounded like, “No one mixes with knives,”

I smiled and he smiled back, inviting me in. I strolled into the big old abandoned shed, carefully closing the latch behind me.

I whistled when I saw how he decorated it. Posters from my magazines were plastered to the walls, along with some spare blankets and pillows on the floor to create a very comfortable looking bed.

“Wow. Someone was busy...” I mumbled.

“Well, while someone was away playing with knives I got down to business... after the Price Is Right of course.”