Part 3

I have been a very good girl, uploading chapters very quickly - may not happen in the future so, sorry in advance :)

Anyhow, please VOTE, just a click away, and COMMNET.

It would mean sooooo much to me. Even one word :)

Photo of James is up :)

Enjoy :)

Everyone had left my room, apart from James and Alexander. Alpha sat in the chair next to my bed while James was busy with removing few of the glass pieces from my heel. It was agonizing. But I tried not to show my pain in a fear that Alpha would feel the urge to be closer to me. I was still shocked at the turn of events and I did not quite know how to react around him, especially now that he stared at me with those bottomless eyes.

Look away, look away, look away - I willed him.

'Why?' He asked and I jumped so high that I startled James. He dropped his tweezers lookalike instrument and swore quietly.

'Sorry, James.' I murmured.

'Did I hurt you?' He seemed otherwise concerned. I just shook my head. He did not look persuaded, but still got on with his work.

Was it possible for him to read my mind? But how? We were not even related. We have not even exchanged the blood. He was from another pack for God's sake, he was... he was... my mate? Oh shit!

'Interesting choice of a word.' He said smugly and straightened in his chair, hitting his broad shoulders against the back of it. He crossed his arms across his magnificent chest- still naked - and inhaled sharply.

Jerk - I thought.

He raised a brow. There was no smile on his lips, just an amused twinkle in his eyes.

'You heard that.' It was not a question. It was a statement. James looked up at me momentarily to check if I was ok and then returned to his work.

'What do you think?'

'I am sorry, AL...'

'I swear if you will call me that one more time...' He propped forward and when he saw my shocked expression he leaned back again.

'Sorry.' I muttered. Why was he so violent with me calling him Alpha?

'Call me my name.' He did not order. Strangely it was a request. It even surprised James, who pretended he was not listening or interested in our conversation.

'But...'

'But what?'

'I don't think I am your... I mean... I er... maybe I am not...that is to say...'

'I can hear your thoughts.'

'Odd that...'

'Natural between the mates.' He said sardonically.

'Why can I not hear yours?'

'You are seventeen.'

'And?'

'I will answer your question when you turn eighteen.'

James heaved a sigh. Alpha snarled at him. I rolled my eyes, slightly panicking at the way Alexander looked at James.

What question? I thought in the heat of the moment. I have tons.

'The one about why you could not feel the presence of your mate as strongly as I did. And then I will tell you why you cannot hear my thoughts, yet.' He said as a matter of fact and removed an invisible dust from his trousers.